Deeks

German Weissbier with too much head

German Weissbier in the droid today. Second time but forgot to comment on the first, however brew log tells me I rated it highly. Look forward to it again.

Nice one Mark , always a good drop . Have done it a few times. I going to have some of the last batch i did where i put the fermentation temp to 22 to bring out the esters and make it more like a Hefe . Will let you know tonight since they are 5 or 6 weeks aged now 🙂

7 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Nice one Mark , always a good drop . Have done it a few times. I going to have some of the last batch i did where i put the fermentation temp to 22 to bring out the esters and make it more like a Hefe . Will let you know tonight since they are 5 or 6 weeks aged now 🙂

Will be interested in your opinion as I’m not sure about “extra” esters.

More wanted to push the banana sweetness to go a good Hefe . Always like the banana/clove/wheaty flavors of a good weissbier 😄

Will update tonight . I have a bottle of the original Weissbier i did and a higher fermented Weissbier in the fridge to do a side by side. The original is a few weeks older though so maybe not true representation. 

22 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

More wanted to push the banana sweetness to go a good Hefe . Always like the banana/clove/wheaty flavors of a good weissbier 😄

What have you changed from the original?

Talking to Liam from Brewart he said best way was to play with fermentation temps.. so moved the temp from 17 - 22 degrees . Next time I will try changing the propogation temp , as i still added yeast at tap temp water ( 30ish degrees) next time i will add at propogation temp 🙂 . This lion city i currently have in has behaved heaps differently to last time with that change

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

What a bloody top drop this one is. Kegged 14/6, to the Brewprint recipe other than instead of 3 x X2 did 2. Has it effected the taste, don’t think so. Just an enjoyable beer. Ps really suits me as don’t enjoy too much banana/esters flavours.

D44AE11C-3BE0-4EB2-8C9A-BAC51B52840F.thumb.jpeg.000b2b3f06970c78004d832edee34383.jpeg

1 hour ago, Barrelboy said:

What a bloody top drop this one is. Kegged 14/6, to the Brewprint recipe other than instead of 3 x X2 did 2. Has it effected the taste, don’t think so. Just an enjoyable beer. Ps really suits me as don’t enjoy too much banana/esters flavours.

D44AE11C-3BE0-4EB2-8C9A-BAC51B52840F.thumb.jpeg.000b2b3f06970c78004d832edee34383.jpeg

Yeah it goes alright, it is very good though during summer though, really comes into its own

• Upvote 1