German Weissbier with too much head

Deeks

Hard to tell mate. I messaged the brewart guys and told them what wanted to achieve so gave me the temps to put in for a custom brew. They said stressing the yeast will help achieve what I’m after and they said there are still more “levers” to pull if I didn’t get the desired affect/taste

What I will say is that this brew is still very young but my first taste was like wow that’s what I’m after! If you love Weihenstephaner then give this this a go.

The guy at the brew shop who seems to be a full bottle said the white labs yeast will make a difference.

Happy to post you sum packs of yeast but because it’s already liquid or a “pure pitch” I think it needs to be refrigerated.?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Yeah i would say fresh yeast would have to be in the fridge. Thats ok . One day ill get down to the big smoke and do a pick up lol. We are driving down for xmas so ill bring the fridge and load my ute up lol

Some brewshops will post it in a seal sandwich bag with a ice bag. Could ring and check out?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 26/09/2020 at 5:40 PM, Mick said:

Hard to tell mate. I messaged the brewart guys and told them what wanted to achieve so gave me the temps to put in for a custom brew. They said stressing the yeast will help achieve what I’m after and they said there are still more “levers” to pull if I didn’t get the desired affect/taste

What I will say is that this brew is still very young but my first taste was like wow that’s what I’m after! If you love Weihenstephaner then give this this a go.

The guy at the brew shop who seems to be a full bottle said the white labs yeast will make a difference.

Happy to post you sum packs of yeast but because it’s already liquid or a “pure pitch” I think it needs to be refrigerated.?

I LOVE Weihenstephaner.   It’s the best Witbier hands down.   Can you tell me more about the recipe and settings Mick??

5 hours ago, J P said:

I LOVE Weihenstephaner.   It’s the best Witbier hands down.   Can you tell me more about the recipe and settings Mick??

Hi mate

Havent been on here for some time.

Happy to share

WL300 Yeast

Yeast and Droid water 21/22 degrees. The brew guy said it’s important the liquid yeast and water close to that temp.

Propagate and Ferment 22 degrees

Have done around 6 brews this way and have turned out nicely 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 14/05/2021 at 10:49 AM, J P said:

Awesome.  I’ve got a blue moon clone about to put in the droid courtesy of Liam the Boss! 🍌 🌿 🪵 

Spot. On. Liam  NAILED IT.  unreal and so close it’s eerie.  2 weeks secondary plenty.  Perfect Belgian Wit.  I’m enchanted.  

36568D85-2056-4126-8DDD-1FA7532E709C.jpeg

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 13/11/21 at 5:26 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

You still have the recipe J P ?

BLUE MOON CUSTOM 

E5

X1 

X2 X2 X2

Y1

Or Y5 ferment 22

14gm Corriander Seed 10 Min. (boil)

2 Whole Orange Zest 5 Min.(boil)

Instructions:

Zest an orange being careful to avoid the white pith (as it is bitter)

Boil 1 Litre of water add Coriander, boil for 5 minutes, add Whole Orange Zest boil for a further 5 minutes.

Add 9 Litres of water to your BeerDroid, strain in the 1 Litre of Orange/Corriander broth. 

Start your Ale brewing program and wait for the BeerDroid to drop the temp to 22°C.

Add your Yeast and other ingredients and brew as per normal.

You may need to adjust the orange peel in later brews but this is a good place to start.

5.5% ABV

12 IBU

10 EBC

I did TWO orange peel zests 🍊 cuz I love oranges.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Well I dropped a TILT hydrometer in with the brew. It was interesting to watch it rise to 1040 OG ( not sure how accurate because it's got to mix itself ) This was 9.30am yesterday. 

The normal 12 hour propagation cycle had started. However the gravity started to drop by early evening last night. When notified that fermentation had started it was already below 1030.

Now it's at 1023. Already. Whatever yeasts are provided they are some of the fastest I've seen. Only Kviek and Verdant seem faster. 

Love the Droid. 

Cheers 

7 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Well I dropped a TILT hydrometer in with the brew. It was interesting to watch it rise to 1040 OG ( not sure how accurate because it's got to mix itself ) This was 9.30am yesterday. 

The normal 12 hour propagation cycle had started. However the gravity started to drop by early evening last night. When notified that fermentation had started it was already below 1030.

Now it's at 1023. Already. Whatever yeasts are provided they are some of the fastest I've seen. Only Kviek and Verdant seem faster. 

Love the Droid. 

Cheers 

Not surprised , the BrewPrint recipe states 5 to 7 days for EOF. My last 5 brews have been  6 and 7 days. The Y5 yeast that apparently loves wheat style brews is active. Yes Love the Droid.

• Like 1