English Pub Draught

Ah no, had one in the group I took up on the weekend, was the one I didn't drink, just opened it then thinking it was an Aussie Pilsner thinking "WTF?" as the flavours were all wrong and then I thought, Eng Pub Draught with the extra kick to it. Getting the idea when you mess with the alcohol amount you need to let it sit a fair while

1 minute ago, Barrelboy said:

It is a queer feeling when your brain thinks it’s drinking this and expecting a particular taste to match and ends up with something completely different.

Yeah, you brain starts going " is it infected, why this bottle, why is that taste familiar" it took me a minute to work out that the taste I was getting was the stronger alcohol taste and I put 2 and 2 together

Absolutely smashing a keg of this tonight as this is the only thing I have to relieve the pain from a day of cricket. To be honest, I think the extra X5 was not needed and probably didn't do anything great but lesson learned. Still, one of those very handy, cheap beers that takes a few wickets, keeps the runs tight but can no longer come off the long run, much like myself :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, Barrelboy said:

Have put another Brewprint of this in the droid, will try to leave for several weeks after kegged. (not promising myself🤔)

I just knew I couldn’t. Cracked the 10l keg just now, wow this is a top drop. (Sorry my London’s own finished but hey, can’t fill full kegs. With 3 droids I just have to do it, someone has  too?

• Haha 2

On 06/12/2019 at 9:03 PM, Darran Haynes said:

There's always a place in my home for decent cheap beer, otherwise I tear through the premium stocks too quickly 😇

I know mentioned before but he’ll at $0.65 a 375ml stubbie (not crafty 330ml ones) it’s top drinking at a top price. Today’s flyer in the letterbox, VB 24 slab (375ml) $50!!!, Corona slab (355ml) $52!!! and Peronist Nastro Azzurro (330ml & and believed brewed under licence in Aust.) $48.

Guess what I’ll be drinking and I don’t have to go out and get it.🍺🍺🍺🍺🍻

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 08/12/2019 at 1:45 PM, Barrelboy said:

I know mentioned before but he’ll at $0.65 a 375ml stubbie (not crafty 330ml ones) it’s top drinking at a top price. Today’s flyer in the letterbox, VB 24 slab (375ml) $50!!!, Corona slab (355ml) $52!!! and Peronist Nastro Azzurro (330ml & and believed brewed under licence in Aust.) $48.

Guess what I’ll be drinking and I don’t have to go out and get it.🍺🍺🍺🍺🍻

Drinking one of these now, 4 weeks in ( just a taster), even at this stage and it needs a bit more time has shop beers covered. 

Edited by Rob Courtney

No was just going to leave it , just incase something silly happens like we loose power or something like that . Anything possible through cyclone season lol. The thought of doing it and having it in storage mode when I got home was tempting though 🙂

13 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

No was just going to leave it , just incase something silly happens like we loose power or something like that . Anything possible through cyclone season lol. The thought of doing it and having it in storage mode when I got home was tempting though 🙂

I’d do it. You know you want to. 😯 If you loose power 1) fermentation continues and it takes a while to warm up in the droid 2) when the power comes back on the unit restores to original settings as if nothing has happened. I can vouch for this when a typical power cut happened here in Adelaide. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Paul84 said:

I have no sanitiser atm, was waiting for this trip to book my starsan on my return. Thats ok though . I have 5 kegs and lots of bottles to keep me company before we go away 😄

You can use a regular bleach (un-scented) at 4ml/litre for about 20 minutes then rinse and use straight away. Note, no scent like lemon or lavender bleach. Regular plain bleach, White King regular is suitable.

• 1 month later...