English Pub Draught

23 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Yeah I think ill be able to make 4 weeks ... maybe lol . Intrigued to see how the dextrose changes instead of using drops or the primer. Might just be the same too.  

When I was bottling although a bit dearer I liked the Coopers drops, the dose was fairly accurate but more importantly simple and quick to use however the dextrose with your measuring unit should be the go. A good tip with powders into bottle to stop sticking to the neck or funnel is to make a simple funnel with 1/2 sheet of printing paper, make a cone out of it, pointy end into the bottle and open out a bit, “bobs your uncle” as they say.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/04/2019 at 1:43 PM, Barrelboy said:

Well this turned out to be a another top drop. Sweet fruit and malt flavour( not over powering) and would say honey like. Slight bitter after taste with crisp refreshing finish. Will leave for another week to let flavours develop further, just my preference.

41BBE5FD-2533-4EC8-964F-15811A56570B.thumb.jpeg.7ae8b4c8d997e2e6b28c735c961721ac.jpeg

So I just cracked one of these today at 3w post brew . I think I agree with your tasting notes @Barrelboy, the maltyness almost leads to a nutty flavor , love the bitters to it . I will say its a good daily driver, maybe not my preffered beer choice but for $16 a brew 😮 . Trying to think what it tastes like , i know the icon for it leads to be a Boddingtons and a long time since I have had one , but it is reminicent of some beers i had in the uk last year 😄

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/05/2020 at 1:24 PM, Barrelboy said:

Kegged this on 11/3 to a maturing keg, then for consumption a keg to keg sealed transfer, chill, carbonate and in the fridge to consume. So will be about 8 weeks, will report soon.

Sorry, didn’t report on this, just drank it all because it is so good. It’s such a good drop I re-brewed it and kegged it today. Replaced with Ruby Porter.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

3 weeks kegged and in the fridge. Sitting outside yesterday cooking on the bbq this Draught was such an excellent choice. At 4.5% very easy drinking. 
As the Bohemian Lager kegged just now I’ve put this Draught down again, a must for summer.

Yeah, I am looking at doing things slightly differently next year by doing some draught, ales and stouts into kegs and putting through the brewflo, hope to start brewing them in January so they have a chance to sit and mature for winter. One I am really keen on is the Coopers Extra Strong Vintage Ale, have had the occasional bottle of that and it went down a treat, just a bit worried I'll drink it out of the English pint glass and have 8 before I think "crap"

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yeah, I am looking at doing things slightly differently next year by doing some draught, ales and stouts into kegs and putting through the brewflo, hope to start brewing them in January so they have a chance to sit and mature for winter.

I have similar plans and have a few of the heavier dark beers in stock waiting to be brewed. 6 months or so in the keg should do them justice.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m drinking another keg of this, enjoying so much another batch in the droid today. As I’ve stated a great Draught beer, simple recipe with no worries about hops, is ready to keg in 6 days (all my brews so far) and it’s not expensive, only $16 using the BrewPrint ingredients. 
Recommend having a go now, and not leaving for winter consumption.

In Robe at the moment and they have a new brewery "Loophole". They had a draught that went down a treat last night with a pizza (for the first time in maybe 40 years, I had a Hawaiian pizza...it was actually really nice) which has made me want to brew this again. In saying that though, was at the pub tonight and Loophole does a lager ( which is strange because they don't advertise it) on tap and I swear it's hops profile was Galaxy and Amarillo

Wasn't too bad at all

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/01/2021 at 7:27 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Have forgotten about this one a bit, really nice beer, goes well in the kegs too.

It's the hassle sometimes with Brewart, I have about 8-12 beers that I just love, so it is easy to put an order together with ingredients for those prints and miss out on a whole bunch I like 

In the droid today.

You need a cunning plan. Droid 1 always your favourites, Droid 2 alternate a favourite with a want to try this one.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Finally got some runs on the board for 2021 and kegged this bad boy . Between this and the Lion city Lager they are my daily drivers. I think this year I am gonna do a few exotic brews mixed in with some dailys like this brew 

That’s why you need another Droid Paul, one for your regulars and one for the exotics. 😂 haha

• Haha 2