Jump to content
Captain 3 Droids

English Pub Draught

Recommended Posts

Keen to try this in a couple of weeks . Is it an early drinker or hold on for a while ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paul84 said:

Keen to try this in a couple of weeks . Is it an early drinker or hold on for a while ? 

As you use a sugar base primer I’d try to hold off for 4 weeks after the 2 weeks carbonation however if you bottle some then have a go at 2 weeks.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think ill be able to make 4 weeks ... maybe lol . Intrigued to see how the dextrose changes instead of using drops or the primer. Might just be the same too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Yeah I think ill be able to make 4 weeks ... maybe lol . Intrigued to see how the dextrose changes instead of using drops or the primer. Might just be the same too.  

When I was bottling although a bit dearer I liked the Coopers drops, the dose was fairly accurate but more importantly simple and quick to use however the dextrose with your measuring unit should be the go. A good tip with powders into bottle to stop sticking to the neck or funnel is to make a simple funnel with 1/2 sheet of printing paper, make a cone out of it, pointy end into the bottle and open out a bit, “bobs your uncle” as they say.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i have thought about that . The measure is pretty good . Dont normally get too much stuck on the neck . The paper is a good trick though , my go to for when I used to make my poor man cold brews at work lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2019 at 1:43 PM, Barrelboy said:

Well this turned out to be a another top drop. Sweet fruit and malt flavour( not over powering) and would say honey like. Slight bitter after taste with crisp refreshing finish. Will leave for another week to let flavours develop further, just my preference.

41BBE5FD-2533-4EC8-964F-15811A56570B.thumb.jpeg.7ae8b4c8d997e2e6b28c735c961721ac.jpeg

So I just cracked one of these today at 3w post brew . I think I agree with your tasting notes @Barrelboy, the maltyness almost leads to a nutty flavor , love the bitters to it . I will say its a good daily driver, maybe not my preffered beer choice but for $16 a brew 😮 . Trying to think what it tastes like , i know the icon for it leads to be a Boddingtons and a long time since I have had one , but it is reminicent of some beers i had in the uk last year 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

I’ve brewed this a couple of times since, as you say at $16 you can’t go wrong.

Agreed cant go wrong thats for sure ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2020 at 9:34 AM, Barrelboy said:

Into a droid am today, another of the favours for easy smooth drinking.

Kegged this on 11/3 to a maturing keg, then for consumption a keg to keg sealed transfer, chill, carbonate and in the fridge to consume. So will be about 8 weeks, will report soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/05/2020 at 1:24 PM, Barrelboy said:

Kegged this on 11/3 to a maturing keg, then for consumption a keg to keg sealed transfer, chill, carbonate and in the fridge to consume. So will be about 8 weeks, will report soon.

Sorry, didn’t report on this, just drank it all because it is so good. It’s such a good drop I re-brewed it and kegged it today. Replaced with Ruby Porter.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 weeks kegged and in the fridge. Sitting outside yesterday cooking on the bbq this Draught was such an excellent choice. At 4.5% very easy drinking. 
As the Bohemian Lager kegged just now I’ve put this Draught down again, a must for summer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

3 weeks kegged and in the fridge. Sitting outside yesterday cooking on the bbq this Draught was such an excellent choice. At 4.5% very easy drinking. 
As the Bohemian Lager kegged just now I’ve put this Draught down again, a must for summer.

Yeah, I am looking at doing things slightly differently next year by doing some draught, ales and stouts into kegs and putting through the brewflo, hope to start brewing them in January so they have a chance to sit and mature for winter. One I am really keen on is the Coopers Extra Strong Vintage Ale, have had the occasional bottle of that and it went down a treat, just a bit worried I'll drink it out of the English pint glass and have 8 before I think "crap"

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yeah, I am looking at doing things slightly differently next year by doing some draught, ales and stouts into kegs and putting through the brewflo, hope to start brewing them in January so they have a chance to sit and mature for winter.

I have similar plans and have a few of the heavier dark beers in stock waiting to be brewed. 6 months or so in the keg should do them justice.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoy this draught, 3 weeks kegged and just exceptional. It’s a simple brew, cost effective with true draught qualities. You know, pub/home standards without the hops, just a beer.image.thumb.jpg.c6e5862893859a47439b9472ee7b72d0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...