English Pub Draught

• 1 month later...

Well it just so happens Cap, got a droid full of the stuff probably another 1-2 days and it’ll be kegging time 🙂.  

thanks For building the anticipation.   

4 weeks you say?   Grrrrrr.   Oh wait.  Got a LIGHTHOUSE and GOAT to keep me company until then.   

gotta love multiple droids.    

Wish I had a SS KEG plant down the street!  🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, J P said:

Well it just so happens Cap, got a droid full of the stuff probably another 1-2 days and it’ll be kegging time 🙂.  

thanks For building the anticipation.   

4 weeks you say?   Grrrrrr.   Oh wait.  Got a LIGHTHOUSE and GOAT to keep me company until then.   

gotta love multiple droids.    

Wish I had a SS KEG plant down the street!  🤣

You can have a few early, 3 weeks. Honestly I think you love it.

38 minutes ago, J P said:

I’ve just reached EOF on this one.  
anyone say it’s a BAD call to drop some east Kent Golding hops in for a dry hop?

any idea how to “trick the droid” into a dry hop mode?

cheers,

JP

If you just hopped it at EOF, then it will stay at kegging temp for two days before going to storage, then just kick it back after 2 days of storage.

To trick the droid you'd need to do a custom program at the beginning

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Has anyone made this recently besides me? I’ve brewed it 16 times now, it’s such a good simple drop.

I reckon I overdid this one for a while and now that I am going through some of the ales i haven't ordered it. It is a really nice drop though but hey, this is the issue with so many brewprints, you can actually really like one (like Neder and not have brewed it for a year without noticing, even Lion City I haven't done for a year

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

I reckon I overdid this one for a while and now that I am going through some of the ales i haven't ordered it.

I had intended to order this one in the latest round but once I'd added the cold weather beers I wanted to have a crack at plus a few favourites I was well over $200 and it was time to call it quits.

So many beers, so little time.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 20/06/2021 at 4:18 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

I know I rave over this one, but hell, it’s a top simple ale, no dry hop requirements, EOF  6 to 7 days and it’s what you’d love walking into a pub. Photo a bit dark, Amber more to it.E71F391D-5FDA-4A18-A63C-4FA316D82341.thumb.jpeg.db8e393002133ad5a23744fd71718de0.jpeg

@Captain 3 Droids been raving about this one for a while now. So putting it in today, after kegging the double hopped Hop-sessed IPA.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

@Captain 3 Droids been raving about this one for a while now. So putting it in today, after kegging the double hopped Hop-sessed IPA.

Good move Robert, I think you’ll really enjoy it. Sometimes it’s just nice to sit back and have a traditional ale without the influence of additional dry hopping. At 4.5% it doesn’t put you to bed early.

• 1 month later...
On 13/12/2021 at 1:39 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Good move Robert, I think you’ll really enjoy it. Sometimes it’s just nice to sit back and have a traditional ale without the influence of additional dry hopping. At 4.5% it doesn’t put you to bed early.

As @Captain 3 Droids said just a nice easy cheap ale. Not hoppy, nice bitterness. Easy drinker. Good one to have on hand.

IMG_20220121_172339969.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Surprise surprise in the Droid again today. @Gillies Brewingthe ramping will happen when the fermentation temperature is under the kegging temperature of 18C. It goes up slowly ie in this case 16C to 17C to allow the yeast to “clean up” any remaining sugars. It will then go to the 18C when it’s ready to keg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2022 at 3:58 PM, Gillies Brewing said:

Lighthouse out, EPD in (as promised @Captain 3 Droids 😉)

Genuinely excited for this one (who am I kidding I'm excited for all of them 😅)

At 2 weeks: it's... A beer?

Like it's definitely "traditional English ale" which means it's something a bit different to normal Aus pub fare, and it's certainly not offensive, but it's not got the pizzaz I was expecting. I guess because it's my first one with no D or H addition. Gotta say despite the fact it sounds like I don't like it, I feel like I could very happily drink litres of it! Party beer for sure.

Ah well I'll give it a couple more weeks.

• Upvote 2