Pineapple Crush IPA

19 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

OMG, you sound like a married woman telling him why he should have less head, even after he has started with the pineapple juice

Thats funny AF Rob, pineapple juice is the only case i have for pulling head these days lol . Dont take that away from me lol . But seriously @Barrelboy. That was my first trick   i has freshly rinses frozen glasses as i was trying to show off and couldnt even get any foam . 

1 minute ago, Paul84 said:

Thats funny AF Rob, pineapple juice is the only case i have for pulling head these days lol . Dont take that away from me lol . But seriously @Barrelboy. That was my first trick   i has freshly rinses frozen glasses as i was trying to show off and couldnt even get any foam . 

I would always take BB as gospel on here as he has the most experience, I'm only using Liams knowledge to head retention, or at least some head and he was keen to replace an X1 with an X2

6 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I would always take BB as gospel on here as he has the most experience, I'm only using Liams knowledge to head retention, or at least some head and he was keen to replace an X1 with an X2

@Barrelboy, it def has some bubbles so i know its had some secondary fermentation. And yeah If i was guessing I would say its poured and has the texture of a cider . Would that be from the juice itself ? 

8 hours ago, Paul84 said:

Good because you need to eliminate the glass possibility before chasing/experimenting with your brew.

8 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

I certainly don’t dispute Liam’s suggestion and it should be tried. It’s just you need to eliminating other and perhaps easier possibilities. I mean you can’t stuff around when it comes, to retaining or even achieving a good solid head 😜

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Paul84 said:

@Barrelboy, it def has some bubbles so i know its had some secondary fermentation. And yeah If i was guessing I would say its poured and has the texture of a cider . Would that be from the juice itself ? 

I say it would be. I would put about 50g of maltodextrin (cheap) in the next brew. It is basically a non fermentable vegetable starch used widely in brewing and food processing. In brewing it is to give “body” and assist with head formatio/retention. Coopers Enhances 1 & 2 have it, not sure about 3.

18 hours ago, Paul84 said:

So have thrown the Keg in at 6 weeks . So very tasty , get the tropical IPA part but not too sweet from the pineapple. I am now doubting myself if I put the primer in the keg . Its "carbonated" but very light and wont pour a head. @Rob Courtney , you just use sugars now hey ? Much luck and better carbonation , how much do you add per keg ? 

Nah mine is much similar at 3-4 weeks; don't taste much in the way of pineapple at all and would call it more of a tropical IPA for sure.  Also not overly carbonated; don't think Golden Circle vs H2 Pineapple Juice that I used makes a world of difference...

On 10/12/2019 at 7:26 AM, Paul84 said:

Nice one. Yeah should get close to 13 still . Doubt you will fill them all the way to the top . Was going to order some but looks like you bought them all haha

Screenshot_20191210-072501_Chrome.jpg

PSA:  These are back in stock now :) 

https://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/Mad-Millie-Flip-Top-Bottle-750ml-Case-of-12

38 minutes ago, Darran Haynes said:

Nah mine is much similar at 3-4 weeks; don't taste much in the way of pineapple at all and would call it more of a tropical IPA for sure.  Also not overly carbonated; don't think Golden Circle vs H2 Pineapple Juice that I used makes a world of difference...

PSA:  These are back in stock now :) 

https://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/Mad-Millie-Flip-Top-Bottle-750ml-Case-of-12

Awesome just booked up 2 cases of bottles. Will likely retire the plastic or leave them for an " oh bugger i have too many beers brewed not enough vessels " lol 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Yeah the first 3 pints , zero head . Maybe im up2 third date with the keg 😉 . But yeah she is pouring well and tasting great . 

I’m sorry but one has to brag when the opportunity rises, said this last Friday 

“........Also I note from time to time with kegs that the first one or two pour can be on the “less head” side of things.

😇😎

• Haha 1

So having another glass of this tonight , almost drained the keg 😭 so now just a few bottles to go . This is at 7 weeks and how well its aged 😯 . The fruity sweetness is more prominent , still has a bitters/hoppy flavor ( which I think might be the lingering taste I get @Barrelboy, looking forward to DH and using teas this year 😉) . But yeah what a tasty beer. Very very happy with this one 

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

12 weeks now 😍😍😍 hate this whole getting better with age thing, but makes me want to persist . I will say its on par if not better then some of the shop bought tropical IPAs I have bought

20200215_185242.jpg

Nice looking drop. Some are worth the wait but it is often hard however there are a few I believe are better drunk fresh, around the 4 week mark. However there is an advantage to this with co2 bottle carbonation.

44 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

12 weeks now 😍😍😍 hate this whole getting better with age thing, but makes me want to persist . I will say its on par if not better then some of the shop bought tropical IPAs I have bought

20200215_185242.jpg

Most of the lagers I drink, I believe sit nicely at the 6-10 week mark. I'm not sure they mature any better from there tbh. A few of them I think peak at 6 weeks...but it is all trial and error

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Jared King said:

Liked this one a lot, finished this in two sessions. A mate who also droids gave some v good feedback. I think next time I will try a different juice and maybe a bit less. Just can’t seem to wait for the beers to condition. I’m a bit dusty today haha! 

Understand fully, glad you enjoyed it and if to your liking drinking early then that’s fine.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Paul84 said:

Hey Team, what are you thoughts on the comment below? Was hoping to fresh juice some pineapples for my next one..

Screenshot_20210620-105805_Facebook.jpg

If you were using fresh pineapple and juicing it then there may be an issue/concern however purchased juice like the Golden Curcle mention has already been treated. That’s why the recipe for Pineapple Crush doesn’t call for any particular treatment.

• 2 weeks later...