Just kegged the American Pale Ale at 10 days, smelt nice. Cleaned unit, sanitised and have now put down a Bavarian Lager. Easy as.

Just pour my first one nearly 6 weeks after fermentation. Looks great, smells citrusy with sweet background.

Taste of citrus, lemon?/grapefruit and not over powering. Has a bitter finish that is not overpowering nor does it linger. Refreshing brew, another good drop. B98F8439-2EDA-476E-8ECB-68F28B64661B.thumb.jpeg.81d623ce4069f16af3c683567c97fd39.jpeg524935F5-9C49-4638-B321-5539A724FEE9.thumb.jpeg.c703f5774e145e2eb39364733002a013.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

How does this rank against Cooper pale ale?

Did you prefer it?

Not as strong, less of an intense flavour and not as bitter in the finish. I like the Coopers Pale Ale however not a session drink for me, however the American Pale Ale is easy going, will be great in summer.

Cheers, Mark

21 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

What did you think of the Bavarian?

Review just published today in Brewprint. “

“Put this one down on 28/5 and kegged on 7/6/19. This is a really crisp enjoyable lager. Sweet malty flavours backed with a slight herbal finish. This a brew anytime drink.”

Its a great drop and hoping the Belgian Lager you like is just as good. I would brew this one if I were you.

Edited by Barrelboy

10 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

so worth brewing this one, how does it compare to say a Coopers pale ale?

Ha ha, you already asked that above 😀😳

In my defence, I did spend most of the day putting up the nets at cricket and hand mowing a large area of the oval that was too soft to have the ride on, so I was just a touch buggered. I mean, you should have seen how many times I rechecked my order last night.

5 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

In my defence, I did spend most of the day putting up the nets at cricket and hand mowing a large area of the oval that was too soft to have the ride on, so I was just a touch buggered. I mean, you should have seen how many times I rechecked my order last night.

Ha, forgiven 👍. Out of interest I run a stock list on excel, helps in working out what I need. I still have 17 tins of various Coopers in stock (34 x 10l brews) so ordering ingredients has to take them into account as well. (17 tins I hear you ask, earlier in the year BigW had a 20% discount special so for example a can of  English bitter at normally $16 was $12.80)

• Upvote 1

Ok kegged this one today and sampled some to see what it was like.

Yeah, can see how people rave about this, strong fruit flavours, should be nice from the keg late Jan, early Feb

37 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Ok kegged this one today and sampled some to see what it was like.

Yeah, can see how people rave about this, strong fruit flavours, should be nice from the keg late Jan, early Feb

Ha, if you can hold off that long.

Even saying that, the bottles may get a good sitting first, building a far stock, should be up to 16 kegs by December as well as 100 + bottles. Then I can do stuff like make a Coopers Vintage, knowing I can let it sit for 6 months or more. The plan ( the one I haven't explained to the wife) is 20 kegs, maybe 150-200 longnecks and I reckon I won't even bother labelling unless it is a long time beer like a Vintage ale etc

Good idea and love a good stock pile. A tip for labelling, when I was bottling I’d put a code on the lid and have it referenced in a dedicated brew note book with all the details.