Welcome Joe, Mark here and your on a top site. To be honest I haven’t found a dislike to any of the brews I’ve tried, however I will say dry hopping of pellets has made a significant improvement imo, but the Brewprint hop sachets do work well, and shouldn’t be ignored/disregarded.

Thanks Mark,sorry i didn't find your reply till just now, i will definitely investigate dry hops, i bought an extra sachet hoping that was what gave it that flavour,making 3 sachets, but then i realised i had no idea if that was the right thing to do hence the questions will check back later for some tips on dry hops, thanks Joe.

52 minutes ago, joe reilly said:

Thanks Mark,sorry i didn't find your reply till just now, i will definitely investigate dry hops, i bought an extra sachet hoping that was what gave it that flavour,making 3 sachets, but then i realised i had no idea if that was the right thing to do hence the questions will check back later for some tips on dry hops, thanks Joe.

No problems Joe, dry hopping is fairly easy so when your ready. 3 liquid sachets should give it a nice hit, won’t be overpowering and will suit this ale.

Cheers Mark

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

I think you’ll love this one Dustin, the hops are a must.

Thanks mate, yes the first brew was for the wife and this one is definitely for me even though she quite likes the XPA too.

What did you dry hop with, on which day and for how long?

As an aside, I must say that both the quality of the BrewArt ingredients and the tech in the droid must be exceptional because by the time I got organised last night I had only put this one on at about 11 pm. Fermentation had begun bang on schedule within 12 hours. In my previous experience brewing you just don't get that kind of consistency with the old "plastic fermenter in the cupboard" method.

I'm absolutely loving this process so far and have a few mates with similar brewing histories to me who are watching my progress quite keenly.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
I hate typos
  • Thanks 1

Dry hopped with 20g Centennial, 24 hours before fermentation ended, longer won’t hurt. Which was day 6.

Your certainly correct about the unit and ingredients. Accurate temperature control makes a big difference, so glad plastic fermenters and frozen bottles of water in summer and blankets in winter are gone.☀️🌨

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Dry hopped with 20g Centennial, 24 hours before fermentation ended, longer won’t hurt. Which was day 6.

Thanks mate. Just checked the fridge and I had already bought some Centennial so am ready to go.

Perhaps we discussed this in the other thread and I've just lost track. Once I get these first 7 or 8 brews done and my notes/"system" in order I suspect my memory will improve! Or I just need another beer.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Your certainly correct about the unit and ingredients. Accurate temperature control makes a big difference, so glad plastic fermenters and frozen bottles of water in summer and blankets in winter are gone.☀️🌨

It was those sort of stuff that stopped me ever making my own beer. Then maybe ten years ago I saw an advert for William Warn ( I think) home brew machine, which is a more expensive Brewart and I thought "how good is that" and then when Brewart came out I was going to and I was going to...and then I bought it.

And now I drink bought beers like a wine connoisseur and criticise their efforts..."haven't balanced the Hallertau in this brew". 

23 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

It was those sort of stuff that stopped me ever making my own beer. Then maybe ten years ago I saw an advert for William Warn ( I think) home brew machine, which is a more expensive Brewart and I thought "how good is that" and then when Brewart came out I was going to and I was going to...and then I bought it.

And now I drink bought beers like a wine connoisseur and criticise their efforts..."haven't balanced the Hallertau in this brew". 

Yes do the same now however I’m not down the wine nobs “the grapes were grown on the left hand side of the second hill starting 3 rows down....” with the hops (yet🙂)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Yes do the same now however I’m not down the wine nobs “the grapes were grown on the left hand side of the second hill starting 3 rows down....” with the hops (yet🙂)

It's that condescending stage you get to when you are about to say "I know where you were going with this...and you started off in the right direction..." and the guy at the craft brew shop door sales just looks at you

• Upvote 1