Coopers XPA

25 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

6 weeks plus this XPA with 15g of Nelson Sauvin, citra and simcoe. Absolutely delicious.

image.thumb.jpg.1a3d5a0c99d95a58dd759030374b9740.jpg

The Nelson is an interesting addition.

I've got a batch of this in the Droid at the moment that is ready to keg. It's only the standard dry hop recipe though.

I may have to try your variant some time.

8 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Sorry Coopers yours is nice but mines a fair bit better.1A51D8DF-0BE9-4FBE-9A8C-2E7E19F35523.thumb.jpeg.ebcf38ec0344362e76b7ba3ca6ebb4aa.jpeg

We had a night in the city during the week courtesy of the Great State accommodation vouchers and I enjoyed a few pints of the XPA on draught at the Grace after dinner.

Really looking forward to my first couple of kegs of this being ready soonish and glad I ordered enough to make another 20L soon.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I put this one in the Droid again yesterday and this is where I think the Brewart range is so great:

Kegged the previous brew the night before but it was late and I'd had a couple of beers so couldn't be bothered doing a full clean up. Got up in the morning and had time to make up my brew water, clean and sanitise the Droid and get this one on just before heading off to work. Then I managed to get stuck out of town for the night and so have come home today to find it happily bubbling away.

If you're short on time then it doesn't get much better than that.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another XPA kegged today. Upped the hops a little on this one; was going for 40g each of Citra and Simcoe but only had 35g of Simcoe left so it ended up a 40g/35g split.

I tried the sampler bottle of my other XPA batch last night. It was right on 4 weeks. Definitely needs another 2, so 6 weeks at least for this brew.

Was still better than the $11.50 cans of Pirate Life South Coast Pale Ale we had at the tennis last night ... 

Oh the irony ... you score free tickets to the tennis and then take a beating on a couple of beers and some fried food.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Another XPA kegged today. Upped the hops a little on this one; was going for 40g each of Citra and Simcoe but only had 35g of Simcoe left so it ended up a 40g/35g split.

I tried the sampler bottle of my other XPA batch last night. It was right on 4 weeks. Definitely needs another 2, so 6 weeks at least for this brew.

Was still better than the $11.50 cans of Pirate Life South Coast Pale Ale we had at the tennis last night ... 

Oh the irony ... you score free tickets to the tennis and then take a beating on a couple of beers and some fried food.

I went to the Showdown a couple of years back on free tickets...and I am pretty sure it was 9 or 9.5 for a plastic glass pint of Hahn Super Dry

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...