Four Leaf

So, on St Paddys day, why would I not have one?

Sad to report that the plastic bottles have lost most of their carbonation, it isn't bad but it was much better. In saying that though, the strong coffee flavour of the stout is immense, just an enjoyable drink to toast my heritage

22 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

So, on St Paddys day, why would I not have one?

Sad to report that the plastic bottles have lost most of their carbonation, it isn't bad but it was much better. In saying that though, the strong coffee flavour of the stout is immense, just an enjoyable drink to toast my heritage

Happy St Paddy’s to you. Stouts I find generally tend to be less carbonated than ales/lagers for same amount of primer. I used to just a bit more to the bottles like equivalent to a 1/4 of a sugar tab.

1 minute ago, Barrelboy said:

Happy St Paddy’s to you. Stouts I find generally tend to be less carbonated than ales/lagers for same amount of primer. I used to just a bit more to the bottles like equivalent to a 1/4 of a sugar tab.

Yeah, it was more carbonated a few months back, the head would hand around. In saying that though...yummy

• Upvote 2

Yeah I 100% agree i have been having losses with plastic bottles. They had there place . But now I think I know where that place is lol . Saying that any fresh beers would go alright in them. All the beers I currently have are 3 Months + secondary and I am noticing the losses. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
7 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Had a brew of these set up for christmas . Quite an enjoyable beer but a little thin for my taste. Any ideas how to put some meat into it without steeping grains ? I am used to having 2 pints of guinness to fill the belly 🤣

You could mix with some water with 50g of maltodextrin to make up the 10l and proceed with recipe. Maltodextrin will add body,  mouthfeel and helps with head retention without increasing alcohol % or adding taste (non fermentable)

• Upvote 1