Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok, so this is the one I dry hopped as well as hop oiled and then bottled via capping. Beer is now six weeks, a sneaky stubbie..FMD, that is very nice. Won't know how the capping affects head retention til I crack a longneck but the stubbie is just grand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I trust they are 375ml stubbies and not “crafty” 330ml? Chilled stubbies are tops, agree with that. Glad it turned out well, I gave it a good rating. Another to do again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

I trust they are 375ml stubbies and not “crafty” 330ml? Chilled stubbies are tops, agree with that. Glad it turned out well, I gave it a good rating. Another to do again.

Sadly, he only had 330 ml bottles in the brew shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha i only have 330ml bottles. All the beers I drink these days come in 330ml. Plus its value for money , it means a droid will give me 30 bottles instead of 26(375ml) 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Haha i only have 330ml bottles. All the beers I drink these days come in 330ml. Plus its value for money , it means a droid will give me 30 bottles instead of 26(375ml) 🤣

You back already or teasing us from Bali?
Value for money, 10l is 10l. 4 more bottles to clean, I mean what’s wrong with 13 long neck stubbies. Saves you getting up so often. 😊

Edited by Barrelboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No back now . Holiday is over and back to the real world. Yeah i agree have a whole heaps of 330ml bottles for capping , but I am thinking my 750 swing tops will likely take priority lol , my only concerns with tall boys is they get warm a bit quick. Only had 2 in Bali other then that was all 330ml bintangs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

No back now . Holiday is over and back to the real world. Yeah i agree have a whole heaps of 330ml bottles for capping , but I am thinking my 750 swing tops will likely take priority lol , my only concerns with tall boys is they get warm a bit quick. Only had 2 in Bali other then that was all 330ml bintangs 

“warm a bit quick.” Your in Port Hedland, your just not drinking quick enough. Sit the bottle in one of those wine chillers, you know bottle in container, a bit of ice.😊

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats the problem . A 330ml is warm by the time you finish it in Hedland. However the 750ml are good because i have some nice lager glasses that can be filled twice, but i just leave the bottle in the fridge until the second glass is needed lol 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just having a long neck of this as an after dinner drink...one of quite a few reasons I am stoked I bought Brewart. Highly doubt I could bu beer at a bottle shop this nice...a few craft breweries maybe but they are usually 25 for a sixer and I can make 10 litres for the same price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your certainly right, due to costs I’d never have tasted these lagers via a bottle outlet, single stubbies too dear, 6 pack or slab too dear particularly if you didn’t like them. To much of a financial risk. 10/10 droid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sneaky stubby before bed, right, right up there with Belgian, Birra and Lawnmower as my favs.

 

330mls is just not enough.

 

On a side note did buy myself another box of 330mls and 750mls this morning, think I am up to 130 ish bottles of which a hundred plus are crown seals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Sneaky stubby before bed, right, right up there with Belgian, Birra and Lawnmower as my favs.

 

330mls is just not enough.

 

On a side note did buy myself another box of 330mls and 750mls this morning, think I am up to 130 ish bottles of which a hundred plus are crown seals

Lovely move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried quite a few of the craft beer lagers and none of them hold a candle to this beer*. Unable to put my finger on quite what the herbal finish to it is but damn it is good.

*I will say Mornington Lager is close to coming near this, different beer, very crisp, bit of citrus, bloody nice beer but a carton of Mornington lager is $75 and for that I can get 3 Boho lagers

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the fermenter today, so all top 10 done, either fermenter, maturing, ready to consume, consuming. Now I’m in control ha ha haEDB9ABA1-068F-4003-8300-9E13EFA68159.jpeg.c4171f391e42aad3b65619d64e7e9691.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2020 at 8:48 PM, Rob Courtney said:

I have tried quite a few of the craft beer lagers and none of them hold a candle to this beer*. Unable to put my finger on quite what the herbal finish to it is but damn it is good.

*I will say Mornington Lager is close to coming near this, different beer, very crisp, bit of citrus, bloody nice beer but a carton of Mornington lager is $75 and for that I can get 3 Boho lagers

I’m drinking a Bohemian Lager now and your comment about a $75 slab equivalent just adds some honey to this brew in its total enjoyment. It’s a top drop for sure.

🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even have one of these on at the moment, not made or being brewed. I think I have two brews left of this in my stash of ingredients. May have to do an inventory on the weekend and work out what i want to make

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...