Rob Courtney

Czech Pilsner

Although only 3 weeks kegged had to have a taste. Fresh, crisp and Czech Saaz hop driven. As mentioned before feel you can drink this Pilsner quite early.

image.thumb.jpg.9b7e51a70e23a86dd404dfd449a19a80.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yeah, thought it was OK at 4 weeks  but that was with liquid hops and it was ore a case of thinking the flavour wasn't developed enough which with dry hops in for 2-3 days, I recon it would have been, guess I could crack a bottle on Thursday to see the difference

2 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yeah, thought it was OK at 4 weeks  but that was with liquid hops and it was ore a case of thinking the flavour wasn't developed enough which with dry hops in for 2-3 days, I recon it would have been, guess I could crack a bottle on Thursday to see the difference

Sir that is your mission, Thursday it is.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

May as well, going to make a beef curry, may need a brew or two to wash it down with

• Upvote 1

On 03/05/2020 at 3:22 PM, Barrelboy said:

So I did give it a go at 4 weeks, it was really nice, bitter, strong hops flavour. I think the liquid hops didn't have the flavour at 4 weeks  that dry hopping does. In saying that though, the Monsch gets better if it gets to the 8-10 week mark

37 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

So I did give it a go at 4 weeks, it was really nice, bitter, strong hops flavour. I think the liquid hops didn't have the flavour at 4 weeks  that dry hopping does. In saying that though, the Monsch gets better if it gets to the 8-10 week mark

Agree, the liquid hops seem to fade over time where as the pellets tend to mature so to speak.

1 minute ago, Barrelboy said:

Agree, the liquid hops seem to fade over time where as the pellets tend to mature so to speak.

Yeah, it appeared to be a bigger step than needed to wean myself off the liquid hops and start dry hopping

3 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yeah, it appeared to be a bigger step than needed to wean myself off the liquid hops and start dry hopping

Although you get a number of brews with 50g or 100g packs of hop pellets the cost can mount up, however I built up over time.  I also got some of the ss hop balls you have however I took the chain off and just drop it in. The pellets swell and the ball does float to the surface for easy removal prior to kegging.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Barrelboy said:

Although you get a number of brews with 50g or 100g packs of hop pellets the cost can mount up, however I built up over time.  I also got some of the ss hop balls you have however I took the chain off and just drop it in. The pellets swell and the ball does float to the surface for easy removal prior to kegging.

The hop pouches are $7 a brew

2 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

The hop pouches are $7 a brew

Mmm, pellets lot cheaper. Depending upon the hop variety average $12/14 for 50g/100g

So a keg of this in the Brewflo. Poured with the perfect head and to be honest, think I may have more than one. It isn't quite Budvar but it is a very nice pilsner. Had a couple of bottles at 4 and 5 weeks, maybe has lost a touch of it's bitterness from there now it is 9 weeks but still, it is a really nice drop if you like the Pilsners. 

beer.thumb.jpg.5e8e1f97bfba17811bc35810ac4540d9.jpg

12 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

So a keg of this in the Brewflo. Poured with the perfect head and to be honest, think I may have more than one. It isn't quite Budvar but it is a very nice pilsner. Had a couple of bottles at 4 and 5 weeks, maybe has lost a touch of it's bitterness from there now it is 9 weeks but still, it is a really nice drop if you like the Pilsners. 

beer.thumb.jpg.5e8e1f97bfba17811bc35810ac4540d9.jpg

Now that does look like a nice drop, good head and carbonation. Impressive pour from the Beerflo.

6 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Now that does look like a nice drop, good head and carbonation. Impressive pour from the Beerflo.

That was after a good swig as well

• Upvote 1