Kremlin Imperial Stout

Paul84

Bottled the stout today. Spiked some with OP rum caus I didn’t have any bourbon, added chocolate cream essence to a few, and some port to the rest. One sugar lolly instead of two in the port so hopefully they don’t explode. 15 pet bottles and two snap locks for tasting tonight. Smell amazing... going to be hard to leave these on the shelf for a few months!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jared King said:

Bottled the stout today. Spiked some with OP rum caus I didn’t have any bourbon, added chocolate cream essence to a few, and some port to the rest. One sugar lolly instead of two in the port so hopefully they don’t explode. 15 pet bottles and two snap locks for tasting tonight. Smell amazing... going to be hard to leave these on the shelf for a few months!

They should mature well, if they last that long 🙂😳.

One sugar tab was the right way to go with the additives.

50 minutes ago, Jared King said:

Used Pet bottles with a Guinness, started to lose the carb about 6 months. 4 months was just so, so good though. If I had known, I would have sunk a few more

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

No, the recipe lol

I only laugh because that night I had like 6 longnecks of the Belgian Strong ale...plus another longneck of something....because I was in a good place and then woke up the next morning and thought "f&%k, how am I meant to drive to work...and if I get there, how am  meant to act like a professional?"

I was so rooted that morning

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barrelboy said:

Yeah sometimes they just sneak up on you. Wake in the morning and think hell how many did I have yesterday, work out you have pigged 12 plus pints. (Need to keep those droids working).🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

Oh yeah, I remember at the time thinking I had sunk 16 pints ( it was what it equalled out to, may have had an extra longneck) but I was in such a good place and the Belgian Ales were just going down a treat...I could have had 5 more. As it was it was a breakfast at home, when I got to work and a couple of Sausie Rolls for morning tea...and I was still a mess. After the large chips and gravy for lunch but...I hit my stride for the afternoon.

Learnt my lesson but

• Upvote 1

I am on the Amrut addition . My last of the night . I am feeling like this is my favourite . Its got all the choc/coffee flavors of the RIS but with the sweet and smokey flavor of the whisky . It is the complex of the ones i made

The RIS is classic flavor , the Makers Mark had a nice sweetness with vanilla notes and the Amrut 😍😍😍

20200327_152126.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...