28 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

The flavor is that that of the Narci citrus . Very hoppy with some good bitterness and a very caramel/banana flavor going with it too . And yep might as well be drinking cordial, not a bubble in sight lol 

That’s a pity however tastes ok. Finish glass pour with a good dash of soda water if you want a few bubbles.🍺

So speaking to Liam he thinks that addjng primer to this Keg and leaving it for 2 weeks should give me some enjoyable beer. So new experiment on the cards . Will let you know in 2 weeks lol 

• Upvote 1

Hi Paul @Paul84

I am on the last few days for this brew. Viewing through the window it looks dark like your picture but can't help feel this should be a much lighter color. My first beer a Coopers XPA seemed darker than I would have thought and now I expect my Narci to come out dark like yours.

Do all beers come out similarly dark? I honestly expected this brew to be more of a golden color rather than brown.

I have the Pineapple Crush IPA next I really hope this is lighter color..

~Alan

BrewArt Narci-Citrus IPA.png

Hey mate , yeah the Narci citrus comes out quite dark. Has a real caramel flavor which would come from the X3 and that would also bring the colour with it . Its a tasty brew though , very hoppy and full body. I think the citrus is misleading but thats my opinion . I think i first called it a "caramel banana malt ale " 🤣. Good drinking though. The pineapple IPA is heaps lighter and much more like the IPA i think you and I expect them to be . Had a much greater sweetness and more of the citrus hoppy notes from memory ( i am due to brew it again 🤣) . Personal favourite for a pale ale is the coopers pale ale which if you follow Shemsheet get for 17 bucks , nice pale yellow colour and if you DH with some of the C hops give you the punch your tasting . Last one o was conservative with the hops and it was still great . Will put another brew on in a week and go to 60gr of hops to see how it goes . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey Paul, I see now the X3 is Rich Toffee with a moderate color. Never noticed this when putting the ingredients. Toffee definitely does not sit in my wheelhouse for an IPA. Very misleading name and picture for the brew.

I will be following the Schemsheet from now on. A lot cheaper and easier to determine what something might come out like.

Thanks

~Alan

It is a good beer still and dont think you will be disappointed and at 7.5% a few of these and you wont be too fussed what it tastes like 🤣 . I think its ment to be more like the traditional "British Style IPA" . I still remember first IPAs drinking they were heavy with bitter hops and a strong body . Something like the Gage Roads Sleeping Giant IPA would be similar to this i think. 

The pineapple crush will be awesome. I enjoyed mine , didnt last very long 🤣

• Thanks 1

Does the massive amount of E5 gives the Narci the bitterness?

I have some loose ingredients. Might save the Pineapple Crush for another day. I really want to see if I can create a NEIPA style.

I will try this I think.

E5+E5 (maybe another E5)

X2+X2

H6+H6

My own Yeast to help make cloudy.

Dry hop with ton of Amarillo to help with the bitterness. Maybe some Citra as well

Hopefully a light cloudy fruity body with a nice kick at the end. Fingers crossed 🙂

~Alan

Now i am not at the stage to throw out suggestions for recipes 🤣🤣🤣. The amount of E5 in the narci citrus would be the bittering agent your correct . There is a recipe for Shemsheet for a Jedi juice if your keen to brew in a bag 😄 . I think above recipe would be a good start for a print , might just take some tweaking, hop blend sounds great 😄 . I do believe alot of hazy IPA's use oats to get the cloudiness. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paul84 said:

X5 is Dextrose hey Mark ? E5 is malted barley and Hops 😄

Correct, why I deleted the post. Got confused with X5. (and I haven’t had a drink😂)

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Easy done TBH . Im only now starting to realise what ingredients go well together. You start seeing patterns in brewprints. Also keen to do like yourself and Alan and start throwing a recipe together to make my own brew 😄 . Always appreciated guidance Mark , made my brewing journey easier 🤘

• Upvote 2