Beerdroid Issues

Shane McDonnell

On 27/01/2017 at 8:34 AM, Shane McDonnell said:

The crack is along the top of the Spigot where the tap slides in. I have only managed 5 brews in total. I must say the customer service to outstanding.

I have had this same problem, my second beerdroid has just split along where the tap inserts , its a damn problem have notified Coopers and awaiting a reply, I just hope this is not going to be an ongoing problem.

• 1 month later...
On 19/06/2017 at 3:26 PM, MattS said:

And as usual the Brewart customer service shines. They've just arranged for a replacement from my local Hardly Normal store.

Replacement picked up. S/N is in the 1200's this time and the firmware needed updating from 09 to 11.

Guys, just a word of advice, when removing the tap for cleaning, don't push on the little latch and then try to pull or wobble it straight back out.  It puts pressure on the spigot.  Just twist the whole tap unit gently sideways and spin it around.  It breaks the seal/grip that the tap has built up and slides out with no effort and there is no pressure applied in areas that can get weak or break.

I do the opposite to put the tap back in.  A spin/rotation to put it in place and I never actually use the latch, it just slides over the top of the locking lug from the side.

6 hours ago, Derren Green said:

Guys, just a word of advice, when removing the tap for cleaning, don't push on the little latch and then try to pull or wobble it straight back out.  It puts pressure on the spigot.  Just twist the whole tap unit gently sideways and spin it around.  It breaks the seal/grip that the tap has built up and slides out with no effort and there is no pressure applied in areas that can get weak or break.

I do the opposite to put the tap back in.  A spin/rotation to put it in place and I never actually use the latch, it just slides over the top of the locking lug from the side.

That's exactly what I do along with a fair amount of olive oil spread around on the inside of the spigot as well as on the o-rings. The first time I tried to use the latch I gave it up as bad news and came to the same conclusion as you.

• 1 year later...

Droid number 2 just failed with a spigot crack. I have been told that many oils/lubricants are causing the issue. I find that difficult to believe, I reckon this is an expansion/contraction mechanical failure of the very thin plastic spigot. I'd like to know what lubricant Brewart recommend, because using nothing is not an option.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/02/2019 at 7:25 PM, u9026a said:

Droid number 2 just failed with a spigot crack. I have been told that many oils/lubricants are causing the issue. I find that difficult to believe, I reckon this is an expansion/contraction mechanical failure of the very thin plastic spigot. I'd like to know what lubricant Brewart recommend, because using nothing is not an option.

Not sure if this can still be an issue but I’m going to put a cable tie around the spigot (trim of the end for neatness) to support it and relieve any expanding pressure putting the tap in and out.

A6F1F643-6397-4B6C-A61A-0AF0EE0D5813.jpeg.9f68f1a03f4bff60ff34d9358deb255b.jpeg

Archived