Coopers pale Ale

Rob Courtney

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yeah it is just a lot of beer. So you don't fuss about light as they are brown bottles? 

Dark bottles, Coopers and Pickaxe. The shelves are in a corner and the window has security shutters usually 3/4 down so the room is fairly dark during the day. The light in the photo is more from the room light than anything else.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Dark bottles, Coopers and Pickaxe. The shelves are in a corner and the window has security shutters usually 3/4 down so the room is fairly dark during the day. The light in the photo is more from the room light than anything else.

Ahhh cool, so I will keep mine in boxes. Of course, i the 10 months of winter I have, I probably won't need to bother

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

So this is now at 10 weeks for me . It is amazing, my new daily driver i think . Saying that I still have a few new brews to get through this month lol . Going a mild hop blend ( 15gr cascade and 15gr challenger) has given this a good kick , not over powering with hops 😄

1 minute ago, Paul84 said:

So this is now at 10 weeks for me . It is amazing, my new daily driver i think . Saying that I still have a few new brews to get through this month lol . Going a mild hop blend ( 15gr cascade and 15gr challenger) has given this a good kick , not over powering with hops 😄

Cascade and challenger work well together and at 10 weeks I suspect they have mellowed out nicely. Seems you’ve got a bit of stock up now?

Not of this beer 😂😂😂. I have the Lion city in the droid now then will change that out for the cricketers before doing a stout coming into winter 😂😂😂 , i like to think even flat out brewing i am doing well to maintain stock levels 🍻 . But yes this beer is a cracker. I have the one bottle of the plastics for the CPA.  Will do a side by side tomorrow to see about carbonation retention and flavor differences. I have also kept making sure the plastic lid was tight . 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, when I did this one, instead of Pride of Ringswood hops, I went 15g Galaxy, 15g Challenger hops. Now, it would be really unfair at six weeks to say this is Coopers Pale, it isn't but it is one of the best Pale Ales I've sampled. I mean, I have always been a fan of this Brewprint, even without hops, it was pretty good drinking, with the Pride hops, it was so very close to Coopers Pale Ale but this...is a very, very nice pale ale.

Would brew this again, exactly the same. Will try and see how this develops...as best as I can given how nice it is. Luckily, I have over 100 bottles at the moment, so I can kind of keep away from the Pale a bit

• Upvote 1

Oooh galaxy and challenger , thats a mix i could get around . I feel like this will go on the droid when i get back from Perth. I do find the CPA a cracking beer and nicely hopped with the 30gr. Galaxy and challenger sounds good to try next time 😁

• 1 month later...

So since i came back from my Perth trip i have had no need to add surplus to my stores already , but since my sabbatical is coming to an end i put a CPA on this week and i have just DH it, a little more agressive this time with 30g of Cascade and 30g of challenger as per shems recipe. Keen to see how this will age as it is easily a favourite of mine 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

So since i came back from my Perth trip i have had no need to add surplus to my stores already , but since my sabbatical is coming to an end i put a CPA on this week and i have just DH it, a little more agressive this time with 30g of Cascade and 30g of challenger as per shems recipe. Keen to see how this will age as it is easily a favourite of mine 

Will be interesting in how this turns out, 60g of hops for 10l I think will be the key to either a great ale or an over hopped ale. You have to try and in fairness that amount of hops is not unusual in many recipes.

But if i can do a CPA with 30gr hops being the preferred profile... damn its a cracking beer and a cracking price ( i think the irish red ale is my favourite 17 dollar beer by standard) but this would be the best 20 dollar beer ( adding price for hops 🤣)

6 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Well i really really liked 30g of hops that i did last time (15 of each) as i erred on the side of caution. But just thought i would go as per the shem sheet , i do like a punchy hoppy ale though 😆

Go ahead with it as this is what’s brewing is about, your comments on the result help all.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Go ahead with it as this is what’s brewing is about, your comments on the result help all.

I have to go ahead with it now . The hops are already in the droid lol.. will give a status om flavor in 4 to 6 weeks lol . Will try the Cricketers Arm clone this weekend as well 😊

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

I have to go ahead with it now . The hops are already in the droid lol.. will give a status om flavor in 4 to 6 weeks lol . Will try the Cricketers Arm clone this weekend as well 😊

Be interested inthe review on this one too, really like it with 30gms of hops, was going to go 40 next time but given you have already drunk it at 30 should be interesting to see your thoughts

• Upvote 1

Will get into these tomorrow, at 12 weeks now, which probably wasn't the preferred time, they drank really well at 6 weeks and then I just kind of got caught with a few other beers all at the same time, which is great as you can just drink a few different beers in the night but it does mean you get to 12 weeks with maybe 9 longnecks left.

Crying shame and all to have this as an issue but it is one I am determined to get through

• Upvote 2