13 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Bit of tape on the centre of the under side of the lid? 

Oh no my good man, this ball has a kicker of a chain, can slot it through the overflow gap and it just goes perfectly

41 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Oh no my good man, this ball has a kicker of a chain, can slot it through the overflow gap and it just goes perfectly

Clever, I’ll look into that myself.

Cheers

On 02/12/2019 at 8:45 PM, Barrelboy said:

Clever, I’ll look into that myself.

Cheers

I mean, it worked on my empty droid when I gave it a test, the real fun comes in a few days when I actually drink a keg so I have one free. I didn't bother buying any kegs from the Black Friday sale. I kinda figure 16 kegs and 80 longnecks is an OK amount, would rather look into a bottling kit than getting a few extra kegs at this stage

8 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

I mean, it worked on my empty droid when I gave it a test, the real fun comes in a few days when I actually drink a keg so I have one free. I didn't bother buying any kegs from the Black Friday sale. I kinda figure 16 kegs and 80 longnecks is an OK amount, would rather look into a bottling kit than getting a few extra kegs at this stage

Don’t know why you want so many bottles??image.thumb.jpg.e6c4d876f13f440be04d5c27db31e0d2.jpg

Working out with the beer shop guy today, the semantics of a bottle capper, caps and bottles and why i was going that route (plastic bottles are cool and all but I think there is a better flavour from glass and if you think the carbonation is better) and it is amazing to see how far we both have progressed. Him knowing about what a Brewart is and me casually chatting about dry hopping

It’s good to have that relationship. The old saying “good things come in glass” is so correct. The brews last a hell of a lot longer in glass. Those bottles in the pic above are mainly stouts, dark ales and a few strong scotch ales. The youngest ones are now 5 years old, the oldest 7. They are very drinkable and loved by others. 

So trying the coopers Crown at 10-11 weeks, interesting. Of course, it may have been less interesting if the guy with papers saying he can do maths and economics, could have went 23 litres divided by 2 means you need to put more than 10 litres into each droid. I mean, I'm really glad I can laugh at myself about stuff like that.

Interesting taste, I think I didn't stir the ingredients well enough, which i thought I did on the second can, still, it is getting there, might be 8%, might be the reason I got a lift to work last week instead of driving, almost there, almost,

Depending on how active a brew is but the “quieter” ones you could push to 11l, therefore a 22litre outcome.

Love to run an easy going brew shop. It’s good he “nods” otherwise you’d have to deal with him.

This is the second beer tonight, the one I threw hops pellets in without mesh. Pretty clear beer to be honest, not Pale Ale, may try Galaxy in it next time. In saying that though, it was more than drinkable and different from the pilsners I usually drink.

Its pretty cool that even when you bugger up a brew, it still comes up pretty good

Image result for everything's coming up milhouse gif"

Interesting that the first thing I thought as I drank this tonight was "needs Galaxy hops", which as I look at the last post, was what I thought before. With the super pride of Ringwood hops i really isn't a Coopers Pale Ale but it is a bloody nice beer that I am going to have no issue drinking, actually prefer it to tap Pale Ale 

11 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Interesting, never used pride of Ringwood hops, seems to add something a bit special?

It's what Brew Shop guy was adamant on and to be fair, he pulled out a recipe book that called for it too. To be honest tasting it, you'd think " that's an OK beer I could session that" and you could but the second someone said " that's my Coopers Pale Ale" you'd be going "nah, wrong hops on that, pour me another just to make sure but".

Nothing wrong with the beer, nothing at all, just not a Coopers Pale Ale 

• Upvote 1

Another week in ( week 10) and I tried the last bottle poured ( well second last, the last was way too murky with bits of hops). This one had settled so I was like, easy pour, should be good. I pour into the glass and pretty foamy, then watch the foam keep coming out the top of the bottle like you're a FIFO worker first day back home to your wife.

I take a swig and damn, that is very close to Pale Ale, very close.  pour some more into the glass so it is just over half liquid/half foam, take a swig and all that effervescence had stirred up all of the loose hops I threw in...bugger. So one Grolsch bottle emptied into the sink but the others...good drinking. Sad to say but the way it is progressing, maybe 4 months might have been the sweet spot...and i have ordered a whole years worth of stock, so maybe next year :)  

1 hour ago, Barrelboy said:

A years brewing stock, is that a brew a week with the two droids?

LOL, no.

Near capacity and drink a 5lt keg on weekends and 4 longnecks on a Tuesday...could drink more, could drink like Keith Richards on a bender but choose to try and keep more alcohol free days than on days...of course if there are a few over 33+ days, I will induge.

Given that, at present, two droids is a luxury but a happy luxury, I can step up production if needed and somewhere along the line, I may move to carny kegs ( or you know, 5-10 litre kegs) and start being in a position where I an take one in an insulated sleeve to parties etc 

• Upvote 1

On 29/01/2020 at 8:03 PM, Barrelboy said:

Interesting, never used pride of Ringwood hops, seems to add something a bit special?

From this experience, it doesn't add anything bad as far as flavour but it seems to open up. Have really enjoyed tonights session. Not really Pale Ale, not a vast difference but the beer itself you could quite easily enjoy a few pints of without a problem

• Upvote 1

Tell you what, this is going down a treat tonight. From the keg, I had upped the dextrose to 33 gms for a 5lt keg, which I assume was this one ( timing seems right) and the pour is sweet. Is a very nice Pale Ale. Pity I did not order this with the last order, because at $17 plus hops, it drinks nicely