Coopers pale Ale

Rob Courtney

Now thats a bookshelf i can admire . My beers are way less displayed in black crates in a back room.. interesting enough i found i have a CPA from my first batch, was also capped so might do a side by side in a few weeks when this one comes out. Plus as an update i had a leak on one of my kegs . Just from the orange keg connector, gave it one more ugga dugga to keep it tighter , but the beer smells awesome , so fruity . 

1 hour ago, Paul84 said:

Now thats a bookshelf i can admire . My beers are way less displayed in black crates in a back room.. interesting enough i found i have a CPA from my first batch, was also capped so might do a side by side in a few weeks when this one comes out. Plus as an update i had a leak on one of my kegs . Just from the orange keg connector, gave it one more ugga dugga to keep it tighter , but the beer smells awesome , so fruity . 

Side by side will be a good evaluation. 

• Upvote 1

Can see a little less flavour in it at 12 weeks as far as hops are concerned. It is still an awesome beer though and with 30gms of hops in it it still has a strong flavour...and typing those words was enough to finish the pint...so it still goes down well enough.

Obviously though, first beer for the week was not going to last long

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

After midnight but this is an absolute cracker. Half the hops suggested in the Shem Sheet...and quite frankly, without hops, it was still nice but I have to say just 30gms of hops split with Challenger and Galaxy, this is a very nice beer.

Just doing this with your new droid and handing it to your mate to sample...they'd be impressed

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

After midnight but this is an absolute cracker. Half the hops suggested in the Shem Sheet...and quite frankly, without hops, it was still nice but I have to say just 30gms of hops split with Challenger and Galaxy, this is a very nice beer.

Just doing this with your new droid and handing it to your mate to sample...they'd be impressed

So you’d stay with half the hops, the 30g?

On 16/08/2020 at 6:23 AM, Barrelboy said:

So you’d stay with half the hops, the 30g?

Yes, had a stubbie of this and yeah, 30gms ( for me) seems to be at that point where everything is balanced, nice big hops flavour but not over powering

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Another one of these started tonight, will be going the 30gms dry hopped again. Do get a bit miffed when a local cafe that brews its own beer, sells it's pale that tastes pretty similar for a tenner a longneck

Unfortunately equating to $5 a 375ml is fairly reasonable compared to most cafes/restaurants etc. On a real bright side your 26 equivalent cans from 10 litres is worth $130. Not many slabs at that price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/10/2020 at 7:41 AM, Barrelboy said:

How did this turn out? Would you do again?

Its all gone ... really quickly too . Does that answer your question lol . No was a much more punchy hop flavor but not overpowering. 30gr was a nice refreshing beer , very very sessionable. 60gr was a tasty drop but not as sessionable. And the CA was a very tasty drop too cheers @Barrelboy

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm putting this one on today for the first time and plan to dry hop as per the Shemsheet with 30g Cascade and 30g Challenger via hop balls.

Plenty of Cascade in the freezer but Challenger is a new one for me so I better get to the brew shop today lest we get locked down over here again soon.

Really looking forward to this one. The wife doesn't drink Coopers Pale as much anymore so perhaps I'll have half a chance on these kegs. May even have enough to invite some mates around! 🤗

• Haha 1