9 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Dark bottles, Coopers and Pickaxe. The shelves are in a corner and the window has security shutters usually 3/4 down so the room is fairly dark during the day. The light in the photo is more from the room light than anything else.

Ahhh cool, so I will keep mine in boxes. Of course, i the 10 months of winter I have, I probably won't need to bother

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

So this is now at 10 weeks for me . It is amazing, my new daily driver i think . Saying that I still have a few new brews to get through this month lol . Going a mild hop blend ( 15gr cascade and 15gr challenger) has given this a good kick , not over powering with hops ๐Ÿ˜„

1 minute ago, Paul84 said:

So this is now at 10 weeks for me . It is amazing, my new daily driver i think . Saying that I still have a few new brews to get through this month lol . Going a mild hop blend ( 15gr cascade and 15gr challenger) has given this a good kick , not over powering with hops ๐Ÿ˜„

Cascade and challenger work well together and at 10ย weeks I suspect they have mellowed out nicely. Seems youโ€™ve got a bit of stock up now?

Not of this beer ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I have the Lion city in the droid now then will change that out for the cricketers before doing a stout coming into winter ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ , i like to think even flat out brewing i am doing well to maintain stock levels ๐Ÿป . But yes this beer is a cracker. I have the one bottle of the plastics for the CPA.ย  Will do a side by side tomorrow to see about carbonation retention and flavor differences. I have also kept making sure the plastic lid was tight .ย 

• Upvote 1

So, when I did this one, instead of Pride of Ringswood hops, I went 15g Galaxy, 15g Challenger hops. Now, it would be really unfair at six weeks to say this is Coopers Pale, it isn't but it is one of the best Pale Ales I've sampled. I mean, I have always been a fan of this Brewprint, even without hops, it was pretty good drinking, with the Pride hops, it was so very close to Coopers Pale Ale but this...is a very, very nice pale ale.

Would brew this again, exactly the same. Will try and see how this develops...as best as I can given how nice it is. Luckily, I have over 100 bottles at the moment, so I can kind of keep away from the Pale a bit

Oooh galaxy and challenger , thats a mix i could get around . I feel like this will go on the droid when i get back from Perth. I do find the CPA a cracking beer and nicely hopped with the 30gr. Galaxy and challenger sounds good to try next time ๐Ÿ˜

Probably why I like the Stone & Wood Pacificย Ale so much, same recipe as the Coopers Pale Ale accept for an extra E5. (Yeast the same.)

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Upvote 1