8 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Worst than having 9 longnecks left was the fact I found about 6 stubbies of it too

Not many stubbies left now

Is your mystery box getting out of hand🥳? “....found 6 stubbies...”

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Is your mystery box getting out of hand🥳? “....found 6 stubbies...”

Actually didn't remember doing any stubbies of the Pale, thought it was all longnecks, these were all in an empty kegs box.

• Upvote 1

After midnight but this is an absolute cracker. Half the hops suggested in the Shem Sheet...and quite frankly, without hops, it was still nice but I have to say just 30gms of hops split with Challenger and Galaxy, this is a very nice beer.

Just doing this with your new droid and handing it to your mate to sample...they'd be impressed

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

After midnight but this is an absolute cracker. Half the hops suggested in the Shem Sheet...and quite frankly, without hops, it was still nice but I have to say just 30gms of hops split with Challenger and Galaxy, this is a very nice beer.

Just doing this with your new droid and handing it to your mate to sample...they'd be impressed

So you’d stay with half the hops, the 30g?

5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Interested to hear Pauls take on it as he has gone the full amount and I could see the point of going more and having bolder flavours but i'd be comfortable leaving it at 30gms for a while

• Upvote 1

On 16/08/2020 at 6:23 AM, Barrelboy said:

Yes, had a stubbie of this and yeah, 30gms ( for me) seems to be at that point where everything is balanced, nice big hops flavour but not over powering

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 1

Another one of these started tonight, will be going the 30gms dry hopped again. Do get a bit miffed when a local cafe that brews its own beer, sells it's pale that tastes pretty similar for a tenner a longneck

7 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Another one of these started tonight, will be going the 30gms dry hopped again. Do get a bit miffed when a local cafe that brews its own beer, sells it's pale that tastes pretty similar for a tenner a longneck

Unfortunately equating to $5 a 375ml is fairly reasonable compared to most cafes/restaurants etc. On a real bright side your 26 equivalent cans from 10 litres is worth $130. Not many slabs at that price.

and I only realised this when I went to put the hops in for this today and thought "Dont see any challenger hops, wouldn't have any use for them outside of the Pale ale"

So, yeah, maybe give that combo a try, comes up well :)

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 1

Sounds ok. As you know I dry hop with pellets however I keep a pair of the H hop sachets in the fridge in case I miss time the EOF or run out of a particular BrewPrint hop pellet. It has come in handy. However hop changes are good fun and can be full of enjoyable surprises. 

On 27/07/2020 at 4:54 PM, Paul84 said:

I have to go ahead with it now . The hops are already in the droid lol.. will give a status om flavor in 4 to 6 weeks lol . Will try the Cricketers Arm clone this weekend as well 😊

How did this turn out? Would you do again?

On 05/10/2020 at 7:41 AM, Barrelboy said:

How did this turn out? Would you do again?

Its all gone ... really quickly too . Does that answer your question lol . No was a much more punchy hop flavor but not overpowering. 30gr was a nice refreshing beer , very very sessionable. 60gr was a tasty drop but not as sessionable. And the CA was a very tasty drop too cheers @Barrelboy

• Upvote 1