Jump to content
Barrelboy

Purchased Beers

Recommended Posts

Also this is my reasoning of going down the brewart pathway .... i was going down the rabbithole and this is what I would have become lol . From all accounts this is the in beer atm . But i think i am knocking the beers I make out of the park . And all for less then a 4 pack of this 😮😮😮

20200301_164357.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

@Barrelboy, just about to puchase the ingredients for the cricketers arms clone. It says yeast at EOF ??? 

 

 

No, does read a bit strange but I was just stating what yeast to use, only the hops at EOF. And the H1 to be added at the beginning before the yeast in the water then the ingredients.

Hope it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Also this is my reasoning of going down the brewart pathway .... i was going down the rabbithole and this is what I would have become lol . From all accounts this is the in beer atm . But i think i am knocking the beers I make out of the park . And all for less then a 4 pack of this 😮😮😮

20200301_164357.jpg

Stupid prices.

Ps did you get your Star San?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barrelboy said:

No, does read a bit strange but I was just stating what yeast to use, only the hops at EOF. And the H1 to be added at the beginning before the yeast in the water then the ingredients.

Hope it makes sense.

Makes sense now . Will give it a run on next order. Ill get one more brew in the droid then put an order on . Still have to do the Punk IPA clone too lol . No Stellarsam yet . Said Friday on delivery and nothing is Fast in Hedland . Maybe Tuesday now lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

!3 bucks a can FMD

😂😂😂 . From all accounts gods nector . But not at those prices. Not when I can make beer at home that I am enjoying aways 🙂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre-Brewart. I would easily spend $50+ on a 6 pack of beers , usually with a stout in there. And as I have said before the Kremlin is better then any beer I have bought from a shop. I do still have 3 x $30 dollar 500ml bottles of Barrel Age stout.  Afraid to drink them because they were so expensive. I have opened one lol prior ( had 4 ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Pre-Brewart. I would easily spend $50+ on a 6 pack of beers , usually with a stout in there. And as I have said before the Kremlin is better then any beer I have bought from a shop. I do still have 3 x $30 dollar 500ml bottles of Barrel Age stout.  Afraid to drink them because they were so expensive. I have opened one lol prior ( had 4 ) 

Bloody hell, $30 bottles. Problem solved -  Brew some Kremlin, whilst fermenting drink the Bottle Age stouts then when ready to keg/bottle fill the empty Barrel Age bottles, recap and all will well. lol 🙄😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2020 at 4:55 PM, Barrelboy said:

Bloody hell, $30 bottles. Problem solved -  Brew some Kremlin, whilst fermenting drink the Bottle Age stouts then when ready to keg/bottle fill the empty Barrel Age bottles, recap and all will well. lol 🙄😊

Haha one day I will crack these bad boys. They reckon they age in bottle for 5 more years. And personally the Kremlin give it a run for its money . And thats the truth. The Goose Island might as well be texas tea its that good and same consistancy lol , but the kremlin is its standup cheaper cousin . 

20190512_134002.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I caved to peee pressure and bought a Rock Juice today lol.  It is a very enjoyable tasty beer . I just have to eat noodles for a week. 

P.S could only afford this as there was no TP in the shops lol 

20200314_155607.jpg

20200314_153424.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

So I caved to peee pressure and bought a Rock Juice today lol.  It is a very enjoyable tasty beer . I just have to eat noodles for a week. 

P.S could only afford this as there was no TP in the shops lol 

20200314_155607.jpg

20200314_153424.jpg

Looks a nice drop. Have you had the red velvet before, if so what’s it like as was thinking of attempting to brew some?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had a can of it and really enjoyed it . I will have this can tomorrow and give you an updated idea on it . Would be keen to here your recipe if so 😄 . Apparently Rocky Rodge share the recipe for this . Reading up it has 35gr/l of hops :-O. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who was I kidding . I got into that can of Red Velvet tonight.  If you can create something like this I would be speechless , i forgot how good it is . For a NEIPA its very subtle , sweet but not the usual fruity sweetness I expect, but the Choc Cherry notes blow it away.  Very keen to see what you can do witj this . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

So who was I kidding . I got into that can of Red Velvet tonight.  If you can create something like this I would be speechless , i forgot how good it is . For a NEIPA its very subtle , sweet but not the usual fruity sweetness I expect, but the Choc Cherry notes blow it away.  Very keen to see what you can do witj this . 

Will have a look and see what could be done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intrigued to see what would give the choc cherry flavor. And i envision this having lactose in it . It had a very silky mouth feel and creaminess to it , which I think has leant to the choc/cherry notes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Paul84 said:

Intrigued to see what would give the choc cherry flavor. And i envision this having lactose in it . It had a very silky mouth feel and creaminess to it , which I think has leant to the choc/cherry notes. 

A quick look at an all grain recipe would suggest a bit complex as there are various boiling of ingredients, various crystal malts, flaked oats, lactose, roasted malts ( for chocolate) and cherry liqueur. So bare with us but could be “to hard basket” or I’m not making all this for 10l. lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you find recipes for these ? Yeah sounds alot for 10lt of work .  No wonder they sell them for 10 bucks a can lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Can you find recipes for these ? Yeah sounds alot for 10lt of work .  No wonder they sell them for 10 bucks a can lol

May not be quite what your after but interesting and easy to do?(might do myself)

https://www.mrbeer.com/the-velvet-velociraptor-recipe

So I’d do the Bohemian Lager Brewprint- E1, 2 xE5, 2 x X1, 2 x H4 (or 20g Czech Saaz) Y7 yeast. 5.5% (could add extra X1 for 6.5%?) and 1 tin of pitted red cherries in syrup (supermarkets have them) instead of the raspberry.

Now with the cherries, in a sanitised food processor or similar I’d purée and then strain (sanitised mesh cloth/ss strainer) into the droid. I think if you just tipped it in any pulp may not settle, no good for kegs but bottles?

Edited by Barrelboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So down to 2 beers in my $50 6pack . Onto the milkshake series . These are my most favourite beers , almost to the point they arent beers . They just have a creaminess and sweetness to them thats a good finishing . Honestly cannot walk past them in the bottle shop

20200325_164114.jpg

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/03/2020 at 12:27 PM, Paul84 said:

Thats awesome.. 2 beers to sample now . Mrbeer hey , will have a look 🙂

How are things progressing? The Mr Beers from Coopers are free delivery if you order 4 of any type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugggghhhh, so, have gon to KI for 10 days...that part is good but decided not to take beers with me (just had a vision of having a beer bomb on the way down and everyones clothes smelling like beer as a result. I have decided to give bought beers a go, just in case I was ahead of myself on my pilsner brews.

Had a Stella on tap, 600 mls belgium glass...actually pretty good, reminds me that if I am having the Bel Lagr to get one of those glasses to drink it from. The proper glass is like the proper way to cook a steak...it does make it taste better... I mean I'd never tell you what is the proper way to have a steak (It's rare) it really is up to the individual eating the steak.

Six pack of Boags...nice enough, easy to drink, will have a real good idea when I get back and my Aus Premium is between 4-6 weeks

Heineken...For the love of god, its probably not the best thing for an appraisal when you grab the bottle and chek the use by date :), just utter garbage

Honey farm had a honey wheat ale...not bad, think I annoyed the guy when I bought just the one and he asked why I wasn't getting a six pack and I said I'd only need the one to work out how to make it for myself. Still it wasn't too bad, bit different from the other honey wheat ales I have tried as the other ones had honey more pronounced in it, so this one wasn't sweet...probably should have got the six pack to be honest

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

Ugggghhhh, so, have gon to KI for 10 days...that part is good but decided not to take beers with me (just had a vision of having a beer bomb on the way down and everyones clothes smelling like beer as a result. I have decided to give bought beers a go, just in case I was ahead of myself on my pilsner brews.

Had a Stella on tap, 600 mls belgium glass...actually pretty good, reminds me that if I am having the Bel Lagr to get one of those glasses to drink it from. The proper glass is like the proper way to cook a steak...it does make it taste better... I mean I'd never tell you what is the proper way to have a steak (It's rare) it really is up to the individual eating the steak.

Six pack of Boags...nice enough, easy to drink, will have a real good idea when I get back and my Aus Premium is between 4-6 weeks

Heineken...For the love of god, its probably not the best thing for an appraisal when you grab the bottle and chek the use by date :), just utter garbage

Honey farm had a honey wheat ale...not bad, think I annoyed the guy when I bought just the one and he asked why I wasn't getting a six pack and I said I'd only need the one to work out how to make it for myself. Still it wasn't too bad, bit different from the other honey wheat ales I have tried as the other ones had honey more pronounced in it, so this one wasn't sweet...probably should have got the six pack to be honest

Are there any micro breweries on KI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...