Barrelboy

Revolution Dark Lager

19 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

The tasting notes on that sound awesome. Keen to see how it goes 😮

They do and never having a dark lager before makes it even more interesting. Might sample a bit when I keg.

• Upvote 1

Yeah i dont really drink many lagers as I generally find them bland-ish . But this one sounds tasty . Look forward to your update .

45 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Yeah i dont really drink many lagers as I generally find them bland-ish . But this one sounds tasty . Look forward to your update .

I felt the same as you with commercial lagers, particularly on tap at the local. However a number of the Brewprint lagers are very enjoyable and have character to them. I’m a convert with theses recipes but still not with the pub.

Kegged today (31/12/19), looked and smelled great. Profile stated fermentation between 9 and 20 days, well this was my longest so far with a 14 day fermentation. Dry hopped with Amarillo 5 days ago. Be a while before consumption as currently in a maturing keg. (These kegs I don’t pour from but later transfer to other kegs).

Put down another Highland IPA my 3rd one - a favourite.

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Like 1

Well for some reason I didn’t review this one but my notes have rated it right up there with most of the others. Will be next one in so can report on result properly.

In today, may be a bit of a wait as last one took 14days fermentation yet it is a simple recipe. Suspect the yeast Y8.

Just over five weeks,  nice flower type taste back with sweet citrus to taste. Sweet malt bitter finish, certainly note sickly sweet just a lovely balance.

image.thumb.jpg.fe4a71e72c23eebf582fab0fd305d5b7.jpg

I'm also not usually a lager drinker but this one sounds really good. I'd be keen to give it a go and dry hop as per your recipe.

Edited by Dustin Frothman

41 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I'm also not usually a lager drinker but this one sounds really good. I'd be keen to give it a go and dry hop as per your recipe.

Follow the Brewprint recipe however dry hop the 20g Amarillo Pellets at day 8. My fermentation time records indicate a 14 and 11 day fermentation. The 3 day difference I believe could be due to the yeast dates, 14 days = 2018 yeast, 11 days 2019 yeast.

I’ve mentioned before I was not a lager fan as disliked those on pub taps and the over the top hopped craft bottled ones. However a convert for Brewprint lagers, you have to give a few a go and this one would not be a bad start however look at the top ten spreadsheet in Brewart Banter

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Like 1

Interesting that this one was Kegged today after 8days fermentation, it was with a 2020 yeast date. Therefore check the yeast and if 2020 I’d dry hop at 6days.