Rob Courtney

Tommy Cooper Artisan Reserve

Will give a better review when I get into a few bottles...so later tonight ;)

Nah, The second brew when I got the droid that I made and I was devo, probably 3 weeks secondary ( this was the brew that made me buy a few slabs so I could get some secondary fermentation. I loved this beer when it was at Dans so to have it after a disappointing Czech Pils  was kinda upsetting. I thought at this stage " why did I spend money on thsi?")

Anyways, this is at second ferm 6 weeks, so it has 3-4 weeks to hit the lager sweet spot...but this is pretty good. Hard to gauge, do you rate it above Monsch, does it beat Aussie Premium? Such a tough question and can only be truly answered if some effwit had labelled the bottles instead of casually throwing a label on the box.

Drinks very easy tonight though

49 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

This is a humid or hot weather beer for sure

No good in Mt Gambier then haha⛈

• Haha 1

Just having another one of these...on a day that got to 32...

Bit of the Belgian Lager about it, though I went and looked and they could not be further apart in ingredients. Pretty good for 6 or 7 weeks. I would think next time I would dry hop it just to get a touch more bitterness

21 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Just having another one of these...on a day that got to 32...

Bit of the Belgian Lager about it, though I went and looked and they could not be further apart in ingredients. Pretty good for 6 or 7 weeks. I would think next time I would dry hop it just to get a touch more bitterness

32 wow. Is Mt Gambier coping? Do you air conditioners? 🥵🌞☀️
Your convinced me to give this a go, I mean why not. Have schedule this for Droid A.

No air conditioner, 16 ft ceilings though which keeps it cool.

Hold back a couple of weeks, I will have one of these first to get a true indication of it

19 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Hold back a couple of weeks, I will have one of these first to get a true indication of it

Ok, should work out ok, just put in a California Steam, will be near 14days on last brewing of that but you never can tell, depends upon the yeast.

12 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Of course, what I meant by this...and sadly I was sober when I typed it, was that I have had a couple of samples of this third beer in, when it has been ale, wheat beer, lager, so of course the lager might taste extra good on the sheer basis of what I had before it and I prefer lagers. What I will do is have one bottle of this first in the line up of beers so then I get a better indication

Edited by Rob Courtney

Yes that is important as it does take a pint or two to adjust the taste buds. (sometimes I’ve had a water rinse between which really helps if your going straight for a taste profile - water? keep this to yourself please Rob 💧)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Yes that is important as it does take a pint or two to adjust the taste buds. (sometimes I’ve had a water rinse between which really helps if your going straight for a taste profile - water? keep this to yourself please Rob 💧)

Yeah agreed, lets never talk about drinking water again

• Haha 1

Ok, so tried this one first, very solid beer, not a Belgian but I think it is at 6 or 7 weeks so time to improve even more. The last time I brewed this I reckon I had it all at 4 weeks and was disappointed, so maybe this has a bit more improving to go. Obviously, next time I will do a bit of dry hopping but yeah, still a handy brew

2 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

I have this rated behind Birra and LML. It will be some weeks til I get to the keg but the Birra we had today had this in the shade. Probably have this on par with Aussie premium

Put this one down today so will compare in about 6weeks+

36 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Put this one down today so will compare in about 6weeks+

Look, it isn't a bad beer, there is a lot to like about it. It obviously has something like a US Chiller covered. I wonder how long this one should be left, it was one of my fav beers from Dans before they got rid of it (man, they had the last 7 six packs marked down to 6 bucks each to clear them, that was a good day). The beers themselves were a true craft beer with a strong flavour, so I am wondering whether these might need a few more weeks. If this is as good as they get though, I'd take a Monsch over this 

Initially with these “new” brews we are producing there needs to be some trialling as I believe some are better consumed early/fresh, others around the 6-8wks and others longer (usually the stouts and high alcohol %). For that purpose I’m making manual notes. My results may differ from someone using a sugar primer to carbonate as I use co2 and I believe this does give a fresher/crisper result more quickly. That being said if the Brewflo had been available when I changed from bottling to kegging I’d be using the Brewflo unit and bottling. (Bottling 6-7 longnecks a lot more tolerable than 30 with a 23l brew)

• Haha 1