Hello, 

I received my BeerDroid and I am psyched to use it.  However, I can not connect to the WiFi.  When I try Manual Setup, I find BerrDroidxxxxxxxxxxx in my Network settings on my phone.  I select it then i use the last 8 digits of the serial including the 'hyphen'.  The phone says the beerdroid is 'connected,no internet'.  Which then the Beerdroid states E2 Cd 3. 

Then when I try to connect it using WPS, I select connect using WPS, then I go (the droid is less then10 feet from the router) hit the WPS button on there router, and ensure the wps light comes on.  Then eventually it fails and the Beerdroid displays E2 Cd 13 error.  Now, when I look up Cd 13 in the error code list in the manual there is no 13.  I literally goes from 12 to 14 skipping 13. 

Hopefully we can get this resolved. I am super stoked to get this going. 

Thank You in Advance for Your Assistance

Also, I am originally from Adelaide.  I am in the States now.  However I just wanted to say these fires are devastating!  My heart goes out to all of you 🙏

Edited by Mark Reynolds
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just an update.  I just got off the phone with my router manufacturer adjusted some settings, however this did not help.  I Still can not connect my BeerDroid to WiFi.  What type of network cards are in the beerdroid? Any help would be greatly appreciated?

• Upvote 1

Hi Mark and Brewsta, another Mark here.

Your not alone, a number of people have trouble with connecting however that doesn’t help you. Try:-

Turn your router/modem and beerdroid off, wait a few minutes and turn the router/modem on again.

When this is ready turn your Beerdroid on follow manual Option 1 (page 32?). Note have been going into manual set up on the droid?  You have to do this.

Hope this helps, if not suggest you email Brewart tech, they are great.

ps. Wifi compatibility with IEEE 802.11b/g networks (same in America?).

Please let us know how you get on. (You as well Brewsta) By the way you’ll love the droid, I run 3 now.

Hey Mark,

Thank You for the response I greatly appreciate it. 

I just want to give you a run down on everything I have tried so far.  I am an IT Professional so I am good at troubleshooting tech.

1.  Beer Droid is less than 3 meters away from the router and has excellent signal strength.
2.  I select manual setup find the device in my network settings on my phone.  I enter the last 8 digits of the serial (including the hyphen), the beerdroid accepts the password and on the phone it says 'Connected, No Internet'.  Then on the beerdroid itself it returns a E2 Cd3 error.
3.  When I try WPS it try's to connect then fails with a E2 Cd 13 error.  I can't find the error code in the manual.
4.  I was told my WiFi Password could not contain special characters (mine did have one).  So, I changed my password to something that did not contain special characters.  Powered down the beerdroid unplugged it and let it sit for 5 minutes.  Powered it back on and tried troubleshooting steps 2 and 3 listed above over again with the exact same results.
5.  I called my router manufacturer and we tried tweaking a couple of things listed below.  Then I repeated steps 2 and 3 power cycling each time and it still can't connect.
      a. Disabled 5Ghz 
      b. tried channels 1, 6, and 11
6.  I then created a Guest network and limited the bandwidth to less the 54mbps and tried connecting again both manually and through WPS power cycling each time.  However I still have no connection.
  • Upvote 1

I also want to note that I am not using 802. anything for authentication.  It's AES WPA2

Thank you in Advance for your Assistance

• Upvote 1

I’m sorry but I’m a bit of a loss now. One thing for sure is the set up instructions must be followed to the letter. I assume you type in the last 8 digits of the serial number as the other 4 are already there? 

In the instructions it states “wait for the wifi icon to start flashing..” can take some time 10secs +, this is an important step before you proceed further.

I note the trouble seems to start after the serial number I put. 1) 12 digits 2) shouldn't be a hyphen?

I’ve only set up via the manual set up not via the WPA, so can’t help there. I’m sorry you have difficulties, all can suggest is turn all off, restart again as you may just be missing doing something.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Reynolds said:

Interesting.  You said the 4 are already where?  Does that mean it should be the last 12 of the serial number?

Just checked one of my droids, 14 digits with hyphens, as follows 

xx-xx-xx-xxxx-xxxx 

Thankfully yes but it’s a real mess and total disaster for Kangaroo Island, Adelaide Hills, Victoria - East Gippsland, and NSW. unfortunately some of the NSW fires have connect with Victoria ones creating a “Mega” fire front.

Hope the serial number issue solves your problems, please let us know.

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!  Mark thank you for your replies.  Sadly that didn't work.  However you gave me the motivation to Power through and figure it out.  So to anyone who is having an issue please try the following.  The instructions I was reading told me to go to manual setup then on my phone go to network settings find beerdroidxxxxxxxxxx.  Connect then wait for the to sync and you will get the planet icon on the beerdroid when connected.  However on my phone it drops the SSID as soon as it doesnt have internet and it would error out. 

So I tried on my laptop the same process and from forum diving i found something said open a browser once connected and go to http://mybeerdroid.com and input the SSID and SSID password into the splash page.  This also did not work for me.

However when i was trying on my phone 40 times i did notice when it said 'connected no internet' ot displayed the IP address it was giving it before the phone dropped the connection.  So I tried once again on my laptop, and this time instead of inputting http://mybeerdroid.com I inputted the IP address my phone showed me earlier 192.168.1.xxx and low and behold it took me to a splash page asking me to input my SSID and SSIDs password.  Once that was entered connected immediately.

Mark thank you for giving me more motivation.  I am annoyed at myself for not trying to use my laptop earlier, however Ladies and Gents we back in the game.

To anyone having issues I would strongly suggest using a laptop rather then a phone.  My Bad

Short lived victory.  Since I connected it using my laptop instead of my phone.  The silly app still doesnt think its connected.  So I can not configure the app.  Grr.  Back to the drawing board

Bugger. At least you know it does connnect, now just to sort out the lad test issue. Don’t give up though, can’t be beaten by a a bloody droid.

Everything is online.  You can register your Droid on the website which gets the app going.  I am currently brewing a pale ale!!!

10 minutes ago, Mark Reynolds said:

Everything is online.  You can register your Droid on the website which gets the app going.  I am currently brewing a pale ale!!!

Wow, that’s great. So registration of the droid is the key. (Glad you didn’t give up)
Is that the American Pale Ale? If so a top and very popular drop.

Where abouts in the states are you?

Cheers Mark 

Edited by Barrelboy

Yeah, I am doing a American Pale Ale, with a Coopers Sparkling on the way.  I am on the East Coast in the Appalachian Mountains.

I can't wait to give it taste when its done.

20 minutes ago, Mark Reynolds said:

Yeah, I am doing a American Pale Ale, with a Coopers Sparkling on the way.  I am on the East Coast in the Appalachian Mountains.

I can't wait to give it taste when its done.

What a picturesque area you live in, mountain fresh air, cold beers, what more could you wan5.🏔🗻

• Thanks 1