Pacific pale ale

Shawn McKee

35 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I actually don't mind this beer on tap, happy to hear it tastes better as a Brewprint. Now starting to weigh up whether I don't brew an English Draught and move things round to make a session ale, just means I will have an X3 left when I make an Irish Red Ale next order.

Really going to have to double check I can do this, think I can.

Maybe next time I don't do an order drunk and think about what I want

I’d do the Session in lieu of the draught if ingredients allow, you need to compare against the tap version. I enjoyed the tap but this has a crispness about it.

3 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

I’d do the Session in lieu of the draught if ingredients allow, you need to compare against the tap version. I enjoyed the tap but this has a crispness about it.

I am going to do i, at worst it means that I will have an X3 and a Y4 left over but I might use that to make my own type of ale next time but I must admit, I feel a lot happier about a Session ale, a Pale, a Czech and a Tommy boy instead of 2X Czech, English Draugh and 2X pale

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

So what did you end up doing, a Coopers Session Ale.? Put on down myself today, such a nice drop even though not in the top 10.

Nah, to change it round, I couldn't get to a session ale unless I turned 5 brews into 3, so I was happy with Pale Ale, Birra and Monsch. Will just order one next time, that and Irish Red are on the next order

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 28/01/2020 at 1:33 PM, Shawn McKee said:

Mr beer little brown keg 8.5 litre. Different from coopers craft kit. Check oz and usa site. Is a coopers brand.

Just finished the pacific pale ale and bottled 27/01/20.

Will leave 4,  2 weeks. Cleaned beerdroid same day and used starsan, this stuff is amazing!

Just started mountain range ipa and I done this as a custom, propagate 24dc, ferment 19dc, keg 18dc, no dry hop yet, cold crash 4dc.

The propagating went ballistic and started to overflow slightly which I am happy to see. Tells me yeast is good so therefore the beer should ferment rather quickly.

Just an update atm. Will try 1st batch of pacific pale ale this weekend, then try 2nd batch next weekend.

All the best lads and keep up the replies.

How’s the brewing going? Pacific Ale turn out ok?

Cheers, Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

5 weeks in...not sure it is in my top 5 but then I don't know which one in my top 5 holds this out.

This is a great beer

Good to see you enjoying some ales. For a true pub ale (imo) I like you to try the English Pub Draught, it’s a simple recipe (no hop additions), very cost effective ( 2 x E5, X1, X 3, Y4) - fermentation 6 to 7 days) and something I drink every day if on tap in a pub. 
So if you haven’t got the ingredients, next order? 

2 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Good to see you enjoying some ales. For a true pub ale (imo) I like you to try the English Pub Draught, it’s a simple recipe (no hop additions), very cost effective ( 2 x E5, X1, X 3, Y4) - fermentation 6 to 7 days) and something I drink every day if on tap in a pub. 
So if you haven’t got the ingredients, next order? 

Ha,new ingredients arrived today, maybe for late April/May order

I was put off brewing this after having a few cans of it at our local fringe festival. I mean it was alright ( the choice was this or Corona...so the choice was easy) but I didn't think much of it. This print though with a Galaxy/Amarillo hops mix...already regretting not ordering more than one of these for the new order 

• Upvote 1