Dale Deamer

Keg leakage

You may have to give both the orange and black lugs an extra turn to stop the leak. if you have hand tightened it as far as you can, then an extra turn with pliers is the next step. 

1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

You may have to give both the orange and black lugs an extra turn to stop the leak. if you have hand tightened it as far as you can, then an extra turn with pliers is the next step. 

Can you easily cross thread them Rob?

1 hour ago, Barrelboy said:

Can you easily cross thread them Rob?

I haven't managed it yet but I have had the issue with the beer seeping out the top

Just now, Dale Deamer said:

Thanks that has worked

7 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Welcome Dale, Mark here. Trust you’ll get the leak fixed, Rob’s the Beerflo guru. 
What styles of brew do you prefer? 

So this is disappointing . Gone away for 3 weeks and appears my cricketers arms clone has his max secondary and has now taken to leaking, i should have thrown it in the fridge before i went away . Looks like the cap has actually bowed. Looks like it might be a throw away now 😭

20201012_090145.jpg

20201012_090159.jpg

25 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

So this is disappointing . Gone away for 3 weeks and appears my cricketers arms clone has his max secondary and has now taken to leaking, i should have thrown it in the fridge before i went away . Looks like the cap has actually bowed. Looks like it might be a throw away now 😭

20201012_090145.jpg

20201012_090159.jpg

Sorry to see this mate. It could be that your keg cap has failed. I had this happen to a couple of mine.

Obviously you should contact Brewart for support.

Don't chuck it though. I salvaged one of my Narci Citrus kegs into bottles without being particularly careful about sanitisation or oxygenation during transfer and they turned out great.

Worth a try anyway.

Dextrose. And dosing light, about 6 deep scoops which i think works out to around 30gr . Should be 7. Something if going on volume . But the overfilling, overpriming, failed cap all posibilities. If it was overfilled, overprimed though i would assume that it would have showed itself prior to now, the keg is 4 months old lol. My assumption is room temp and liquid expansion, its hitting 40s up here atm and brew room air con has shit the biscuit lol

• Haha 2

Yeah heard on the news am, 40C for Pt Headland, the positive being great/fantastic drinking weather. The negative can be brewing, but you must go on and as Dustin has basically said, drink it.🍺

• Upvote 1

Its in the fridge now. The bladder of the keg looks alot more compressed now. And the keg in the flo is empty so might see how it goes tomorrow. Also a better get sorted on fixing the aircon to have 23 degree brewing for summer 🤣

• Upvote 2

So update to this story . I tried to drain some of the pressure from this keg and all I was pulling was foam. I did taste test and all i had was a very fruity boozy flavor. Ended up deciding against keeping the keg. Spoke to the Liam and he suggested that a likely reason is a wild yeast contamination , which due to the age of the keg had time to grow and expand , and i basically tipped a very foamy Imperial Pale ale away 🤣🤣🤣. But its a good learning for me all the same 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Paul84 said:

So update to this story . I tried to drain some of the pressure from this keg and all I was pulling was foam. I did taste test and all i had was a very fruity boozy flavor. Ended up deciding against keeping the keg. Spoke to the Liam and he suggested that a likely reason is a wild yeast contamination , which due to the age of the keg had time to grow and expand , and i basically tipped a very foamy Imperial Pale ale away 🤣🤣🤣. But its a good learning for me all the same 

Interesting. Do you, other sanitise the keg before putting the liner in?

4 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Interesting. Do you, other sanitise the keg before putting the liner in?

No i dont sanitise the keg. Other then the spill over there is no contact with the inside of the keg.  Could always do it . No harm . I think was more than likely the hop sock.. i will boil going forward , normally i soak in Starsan . 

• Upvote 1