Jump to content
Barrelboy

Coopers Session Ale

Recommended Posts

Thought I’d commented in this thread before but search says different. So this is the first time:-

Brewprint Session Ale kegged 8/03/2019 into ss ball lock keg. Fridge 16/03, force carbonated 17/03, fridge and co2 connected at serving pressure. 18/03 test - brilliant just like Coopers Session Ale out of the bottle. Very impressed. In the photo brewprint on the left, on the right is a pint of cloned Coopers Session Ale brewed at 23 litres the traditional way. It is a very nice brew, enjoyable but the BrewPrint wins. Wife picked it from a blind taste test.

77254170-0C17-429E-890D-D4E32C045CF7.jpeg.75f8c752e247a7046be6e1957a218faf.jpeg

Now I’ve just kegged a new batch 29/3/20 so will see how that goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 weeks in and what a top drop, better than on tap in a pub, better than Coopers bottled. Fresh, crisp, citrusy with subtle bitter finish. I’ve brewed a few from the Coopers kit recipe but the Brewprint wins.

image.thumb.jpg.6c11717469ffe5ec93bc1ba51323fd4f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

3 weeks in and what a top drop, better than on tap in a pub, better than Coopers bottled. Fresh, crisp, citrusy with subtle bitter finish. I’ve brewed a few from the Coopers kit recipe but the Brewprint wins.

image.thumb.jpg.6c11717469ffe5ec93bc1ba51323fd4f.jpg

I actually don't mind this beer on tap, happy to hear it tastes better as a Brewprint. Now starting to weigh up whether I don't brew an English Draught and move things round to make a session ale, just means I will have an X3 left when I make an Irish Red Ale next order.

Really going to have to double check I can do this, think I can.

Maybe next time I don't do an order drunk and think about what I want

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I actually don't mind this beer on tap, happy to hear it tastes better as a Brewprint. Now starting to weigh up whether I don't brew an English Draught and move things round to make a session ale, just means I will have an X3 left when I make an Irish Red Ale next order.

Really going to have to double check I can do this, think I can.

Maybe next time I don't do an order drunk and think about what I want

I’d do the Session in lieu of the draught if ingredients allow, you need to compare against the tap version. I enjoyed the tap but this has a crispness about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

I’d do the Session in lieu of the draught if ingredients allow, you need to compare against the tap version. I enjoyed the tap but this has a crispness about it.

I am going to do i, at worst it means that I will have an X3 and a Y4 left over but I might use that to make my own type of ale next time but I must admit, I feel a lot happier about a Session ale, a Pale, a Czech and a Tommy boy instead of 2X Czech, English Draugh and 2X pale

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

well 2 x US Chiller, not 2 X Czech

Where did the 2 x US Chiller come from? Your thinking to much🤔😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Where did the 2 x US Chiller come from? Your thinking to much🤔😊

Nah in the instead of group I typed 2X Czech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2020 at 7:58 AM, Rob Courtney said:

Nah in the instead of group I typed 2X Czech

So what did you end up doing, a Coopers Session Ale.? Put on down myself today, such a nice drop even though not in the top 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

So what did you end up doing, a Coopers Session Ale.? Put on down myself today, such a nice drop even though not in the top 10.

Nah, to change it round, I couldn't get to a session ale unless I turned 5 brews into 3, so I was happy with Pale Ale, Birra and Monsch. Will just order one next time, that and Irish Red are on the next order

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With this Coopers Session Ale rather than just 20g of galaxy I dry hopped with 18g of galaxy and 12g of Amarillo. Boy at nearly four weeks this has a powerful but lovely fruit/passion fruit after taste with a nice bitter finish. Will leave for another week or so if I can 🤭🤔image.thumb.jpg.e5390388f37732bb9234ea8ef2039688.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...