Nearly 11 daysbrewing now, surely tonight is the night. It has been sitting around 17 or 18 for the last five days so it can't be too far away...

Given I thought Friday was the day it'd turn over to ready to keg, I dry hopped early thinking to myself " then I can do that for 2 days and fill some bottles Sunday night", so even if it goes through tonight, might leave the hop ball in for a third day (10gs each of Hersbrucker and Saaz) and then leave the brew til Tuesday to bottle 

Edited by Rob Courtney

8 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Damn it, still hasn't got to RTK

How long is too long to leave the hops in?

No problems with leaving them for days (done 6 days before) without problems and in most cases mine are in for 2 days. To reassure note that a lot of ss keg brewers hang a hop ball from the underside of the keg lid. This is in there for weeks if not months.

The flavour and aroma should intensify.

Just now, Barrelboy said:

My longest brew was 14days so keep going ha😳

Yeah, I'm just so keen to bottle it, even though I think this one will need a fair few weeks to come good. Will start at 4 and then 2 weekly intervals until it peaks

Really looking forward to this one. 

The recipe was 1 X E1 2 X E5 2 x X2, y9 and 12gms of Saaz and 12 of Hersbrucker. Ended up being 5 days worth of dry hopping, the sample was fine, no weird tastes to it 12 longnecks, 6 stubbies.

• Upvote 1