Community Suggestions

BrewArt Team

1 minute ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Is this the bit where I tell you I ordered 13 of them ... 

If you're in Adelaide before Christmas and need any just let me know.

I was going for 19, when it happens, it happens. I don't blame you, I blame my job, for having me go to work and then my family for having me participate in all of their activities. It will be alright though, they'll get more E5 surely, won't you @BrewArt Team?

• Haha 1

On 16/10/2020 at 9:50 PM, Rob Courtney said:

I was going for 19, when it happens, it happens. I don't blame you, I blame my job, for having me go to work and then my family for having me participate in all of their activities. It will be alright though, they'll get more E5 surely, won't you @BrewArt Team?

Sorry guys, 

We were caught out by a rush of sales, we have the E5 back in stock now so you can take advantage of the Free Shipping offer. 
Thanks for your patience.

Cheers

MAJOR CONCERN

There are a number of us that find due to so many excellent brewing recipes with such excellent outcomes that decisions on what to brew next can cause considerable stress. Those with 1 Droid are potentially committable, those with 2 Droids are potential out-patients and those with 3 Droids may require home visits. 4 Droids- lucky lucky lucky.

Carry on as you are, all covered by Medicare.

@BrewArt Team

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

MAJOR CONCERN

There are a number of us that find due to so many excellent brewing recipes with such excellent outcomes that decisions on what to brew next can cause considerable stress. Those with 1 Droid are potentially committable, those with 2 Droids are potential out-patients and those with 3 Droids may require home visits. 4 Droids- lucky lucky lucky.

Carry on as you are, all covered by Medicare.

@BrewArt Team

I calculated based on average brew times that I now have enough ingredients to last me until June '21 as long as I keep the Droid running 24/7.

I also calculated that this will drive one of the following outcomes:

1. An increase in consumption
  2. Purchase of a second Droid
  3. Divorce

I wonder if there'll be a range of very bitter beers released to compensate me should #3 eventuate? 

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I calculated based on average brew times that I now have enough ingredients to last me until June '21 as long as I keep the Droid running 24/7.

I also calculated that this will drive one of the following outcomes:

1. An increase in consumption
  2. Purchase of a second Droid
  3. Divorce

I wonder if there'll be a range of very bitter beers released to compensate me should #3 eventuate? 

Number 2 is the option, your better half is drinking a proportion of your quota. Now we won’t have “no room”, there is always more room for beer production. “Divorce”? Well on the bright side will give you 1/2 a bed, wardrobe etc so plenty of room. Ha ha

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Number 2 is the option, your better half is drinking a proportion of your quota. Now we won’t have “no room”, there is always more room for beer production. “Divorce”? Well on the bright side will give you 1/2 a bed, wardrobe etc so plenty of room. Ha ha

How did I know you'd choose #2? 😏

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BrewArt Team said:

Sorry guys, 

We were caught out by a rush of sales, we have the E5 back in stock now so you can take advantage of the Free Shipping offer. 
Thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Meh, we knew you'd have it under control, it is just annoying knowing @Barrelboy is at home whilst the rest of us are at work, just means whe we get a chance to order, "Captain Three Droids" has bought all the stock.

Maybe, as a suggestion, disable his account for the first six hours a special offer comes on so everyone gets a go :)

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Meh, we knew you'd have it under control, it is just annoying knowing @Barrelboy is at home whilst the rest of us are at work, just means whe we get a chance to order, "Captain Three Droids" has bought all the stock.

Maybe, as a suggestion, disable his account for the first six hours a special offer comes on so everyone gets a go :)

LOL, Can I recommend a name change from Barrelboy to 'Captain 3 Droids'? 😂

3 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Had a good laugh myself and though why not. After stuffing up the change by using my email address, Liam came to the rescue and all sorted.

So Barrelboy is now Captain 3 Droids. (thanks Rob, will not be forgotten 😁.

Already had a pretty good day, that just tops it off, thanks C3D

• Haha 4

@BrewArt Team

I was reading the following Fairfax article today that details a company selling cleaning liquids in pouches that look not too dissimilar to BrewArt Hop Oil pouches. The company accepts the returned pouches, cleans, sanitises and refills them.

https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellness/want-to-reduce-plastic-waste-these-start-ups-can-help-you-clean-up-your-act-20200929-p56079.html

I'm know that none of this is new news and that recycling can be a very expensive process but have or are you considering anything similar?

I love the Brewflo so it would be great if there was an option to return and recycle / reuse or repurpose keg liners too.

Cheers.

22 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Have you tried to clean a liner yourself? Teaspoon of sodium percarbonate fill with warm water, leave min 6 hours, rinse well, sanitise. You could give it a go then test with 5l water as if beer (just in case). If all good you might get a couple of uses.

I haven't and I know that some people do. I guess I just try to follow the instructions/recommendations as closely as possible to achieve optimum results. I figure that for $2 it's not worth the risk and I'm certain that they are priced accordingly with this philosophy in mind.

I've cut up a keg liner to see how they're made and know that you could at least recycle the spigot and soft plastic internal liner. I'm more than happy to do this myself but am not sure about what to do with the foil outer.

I've never been a boxed wine drinker but what happens to all those used Goon Bags in SA? My wife knows some of the Angoves via her job. Perhaps I should get her to ask? 😁

I thought the hop pouch idea was interesting at least as it is perhaps the simpler of the two.

19 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I haven't and I know that some people do. I guess I just try to follow the instructions/recommendations as closely as possible to achieve optimum results. I figure that for $2 it's not worth the risk and I'm certain that they are priced accordingly with this philosophy in mind.

I've cut up a keg liner to see how they're made and know that you could at least recycle the spigot and soft plastic internal liner. I'm more than happy to do this myself but am not sure about what to do with the foil outer.

I've never been a boxed wine drinker but what happens to all those used Goon Bags in SA? My wife knows some of the Angoves via her job. Perhaps I should get her to ask? 😁

I thought the hop pouch idea was interesting at least as it is perhaps the simpler of the two.

Agree, didn’t realise the liners only $2 so not worth the bother. I think the foil is reusable via the reusable bin. You could blow them up a bit and hang from your Xmas tree? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1