Community Suggestions

BrewArt Team

On 19/10/2020 at 7:48 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Meh, we knew you'd have it under control, it is just annoying knowing @Barrelboy is at home whilst the rest of us are at work, just means whe we get a chance to order, "Captain Three Droids" has bought all the stock.

Maybe, as a suggestion, disable his account for the first six hours a special offer comes on so everyone gets a go :)

Order in Rob, no soup (I mean ingredients) for you today! ( for those that don’t know the “no soup for you....” is a famous episode of Seinfeld - “The Soup Nazi”.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

A merry Xmas to the whole BrewArt team. The service and responses to many a question here in Australia and the US have been exceptional and noted by brewers. Orders for Xmas are at a close as far as deliver is concerned but  ASIO has provided me with the following:-

Xmas deliveries

2FBA4832-8EC1-410F-91B7-78ABD98458F0.jpeg.e47c3cb38e7ac69ce32f6eca0dc171a4.jpegE4BA2823-2105-45E6-8912-B859B0D46428.thumb.jpeg.efda84af49802dae321d669b7397455c.jpeg

Liam’s work area

8ADE4184-E1AA-4B76-96BD-F705382DAEE1.jpeg.80cca20302a483628b95100f42b26716.jpeg

Warehouse in Qld

7FC3F112-A459-43DC-BF12-4AFB0AB22DD1.thumb.jpeg.fcae320fef292b747b1dbe65e2a1b69a.jpeg

A job well done @BrewArt Team

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/04/2020 at 4:08 AM, BrewArt Team said:

G'day @Rob Courtney,

Thanks for your suggestion about a General Topic header. 

I have been able to get a 'BREWART BANTER' header for topics which don't quite fit, and for general threads which may not even be about BrewArt. 

I thought I'd kick it off here with a 'Community Suggestions' thread. Please feel free to get in touch here (please tag @BrewArt Team) with any Community Suggestions you might have to improve your experience.

Cheers

New Brewer here in USA, not sure where this comment should go so I will lay it down here because I know BrewArt Team Admin is following...

I wish.... the app would tell me a bit more information. I'm running my first brewprint through the gizmo and I am on the third day of fermentation. I was informed by the app when it first detected fermentation. I see bubbles rising in the view port, I know all is well and I need to have patience but if the breerdroid checked last night and found out fermentation was still happening, it would be nice to be told. "Relax, I just checked and fermentation still in progress." Or even some Aussie humor "Stop checking, everything still on track, mate," or "It will be worth the wait, don't open the cover yet."  etc.  

I'm not sure I want the technical details, but if the machine has detailed fermentation numbers, maybe that would be cool too. Is there a number that shows fermentation slowing and I can clean and reclean and sanitize my bottles one more time?

Thanks

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Commander Robo-Timo said:

New Brewer here in USA, not sure where this comment should go so I will lay it down here because I know BrewArt Team Admin is following...

I wish.... the app would tell me a bit more information. I'm running my first brewprint through the gizmo and I am on the third day of fermentation. I was informed by the app when it first detected fermentation. I see bubbles rising in the view port, I know all is well and I need to have patience but if the breerdroid checked last night and found out fermentation was still happening, it would be nice to be told. "Relax, I just checked and fermentation still in progress." Or even some Aussie humor "Stop checking, everything still on track, mate," or "It will be worth the wait, don't open the cover yet."  etc.  

I'm not sure I want the technical details, but if the machine has detailed fermentation numbers, maybe that would be cool too. Is there a number that shows fermentation slowing and I can clean and reclean and sanitize my bottles one more time?

Thanks

BrewArt Team will no doubt comment however I detect that fermentation is slowing by the activity of the temperature graph. When fermentation is very active the temperature rises quickly and cooling is employed, this happens frequently on the app screen. As fermentation slows this happens less frequently.
I know end of fermentation is close when the temperature graph “flattens out” and the temperature rise is slow.

Hope this helps, Cheers.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

BrewArt Team will no doubt comment however I detect that fermentation is slowing by the activity of the temperature graph. When fermentation is very active the temperature rises quickly and cooling is employed, this happens frequently on the app screen. As fermentation slows this happens less frequently.
I know end of fermentation is close when the temperature graph “flattens out” and the temperature rise is slow.

Hope this helps, Cheers.

You have a keen eye Captain 😉

The fermentation process does generate heat so the cooling will kick in more often while it is active but this will be harder to pick in colder climates and with lower ABV brews.

Let's all get behind @Commander Robo-Timo's request for more info between "start" and "end" of fermentation. Up vote!

Cheers

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Commander Robo-Timo said:

Thanks

G' Day @Commander Robo-Timo,

First of all, welcome to BrewArt! We can't wait to see the delicious beers you create.

I know how exciting brewing can be on your first few brews, and how the excitement can lead to impatience. But the best advice I have are the wise words from home brew godfather, Charlie Papazian, "Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home Brew" (RDWHAHB). The BeerDroid will take care of everything for you and send you a message when everything is ready, so you can stop resanitising your bottles for now :) 

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the App, we're always looking at ways we can improve the overall experience, so we will take your feedback on board and I'll raise it when we next discuss development opportunities. 

Happy Brewing!

Cheers

@BrewArt Team wise words there, thanks. Good beer takes time.

I'd like it if the app would add the basic brew data to the journal so that when you revisit a brew it shows details such as total program or fermentation time and perhaps "cold crash" or storage duration. 

Yes I know I could add this data myself but I'm lazy and it's already been generated so how about storing it programmatically?

🍻

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

@BrewArt Team, I'd like a section where you could add notes of what hops mixes you used on your brew. Between remembering 30 passwords at work and the hops mixes I am putting together, it's really cutting into my drinking time.

Can you help a brother out...?

Rob, “, I'd like a section where you could add notes ” you mean something seperate from  the already existing  note provision?

1C6D2031-93B2-48C4-AF8D-A47E7FBD9E51.thumb.png.d36ae2dbe600c733bf19cbb8c8dea305.png

Edited by Captain 3 Droids

Its alright Rob we all make mistakes. Updating notes on the fly is a handy thing though .i like Dustin's idea of having all the prop and fermentation times auto added to the brew notes . Would be good to know the same brew is replicatable . 

Edited by Paul84
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Paul84 said:

Its alright Rob we all make mistakes. Updating notes on the fly is a handy thing though .i like Dustin's idea of having all the prop and fermentation times to suit . Would be good to know the same brew is replicatable . 

It is said that to err is human..well brewers looks like I am the most human out of us all...

still, I think that second notes section is an absolute must...not backing down on that

As a total no nothing newbie outsider, I wonder if an "I have these supplies what can I brew with them" feature in an app would be interesting if it doesn't already exist. I say because if you go to brew but realise you're missing something, then refer to what you can brew while waiting for the new supplies. Also it could act like a random draw type thing.

Edited by Dave Lock
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dave Lock said:

As a total no nothing newbie outsider, I wonder if an "I have these supplies what can I brew with them" feature in an app would be interesting if it doesn't already exist.

There is a thing called the Shem Sheet where you can look at what you have, to what you can brew.

https://community.brewart.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=605

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yeah, it makes things easier. There have been times I have a bunch of ingredients for beers I have ordred, rather something different and then work out beers from there

Ah ok. But without sounding disrespectful and punching totally above my inexperienced newbie weight, wouldn't it be better if it were more interactive than a spreadsheet? To me, a spreadsheet is like an info storage format, not an active search format. Maybe i've been programming too long, hehe. Cheers.

Edited by Dave Lock

17 minutes ago, Dave Lock said:

Ah ok. But without sounding disrespectful and punching totally above my weight, wouldn't it be better if it were more interactive than a spreadsheet? To me, a spreadsheet is like an info storage format, not an active search format. Maybe i've been programming too long, hehe. Cheers.

Nah not at all...and frankly, I'd prefer a forum where people can express opinions without feeling like they have to defer to older members. This forum was stagnant 2 years ago, nobody posted on it...and Mark ( Captain 3 Droids) just posted and posted until I started contributing and then it was a bit of back and forth...where I learnt a bucket load from Mark ( who is a touch knowledgabe about brewing)

Anyways, C3D was keen on a forum where we could all share ideas and pass on info...and for a while it was just me and him...and slowly, this forum has grown and @BrewArt Team have helped whenver asked to make this a better place for people wo homebrew and like Brewart to chat.

So, no punching above your weight, nobody is king ( Liam comes close but his bloodline is a bit iffy at best), we are all equal and in our brewing journey, we all have a different skillset to share

TLDR?

Yeah you're right , we should have an App function to brew beers on left over ingredients 

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rob Courtney said:

...and frankly, I'd prefer a forum where people can express opinions without feeling like they have to defer to older memebers....

As many know with tech it's very repeatable. Code it once, rinse and repeat. If it wasn't that way the world's ATM system would have crashed years ago (there is no more out of date software than banking software). It would be very easy to have a community app that reads from and also automatically maintains the shem sheet too. Best of both worlds for all peeps.

... So, no punching above your weight ...

I say that because I'm not even an owner yet. Still waiting to repatriate. Appointment at the embassy next week.

... we all have a different skillset to share ... Yeah you're right , we should have an App function to brew beers on left over ingredients 

I'm also thinking many things like overlays of multiple brew data & graphs, swapping brew variations, forum activity, and the pista resistance I think would be to be able to enter tasting notes info of a brew and get back a brewprint suggestion. Sorry, my mind races. :)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the kind words Rob. And Dave, we were all newbies once, we all asked questions/suggestions and still do. It’s the great thing about brewing, learning, achieving, failing, experimenting.....

About the “left over ingredients”, why not use this forum and get ideas from several people. Could start up a thread called 

“Ingredients- What to Do with These?” 

Cheers

• Upvote 2