Could This Be The Longest Thread Ever?

Rob Courtney

• 1 month later...

I realise there are floods in NSW and not sure whether Oaks Flat and Sydney West are currently effected. However an under 500g package took Australia Post 9 days to get from Oaks Park to its Sydney West facility. 3 more days to Adelaide and hopefully delivery today.

I don’t think Australia Post’s delivery last day for Xmas should be ignored and 5 days be extra added.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I realise there are floods in NSW and not sure whether Oaks Flat and Sydney West are currently effected. However an under 500g package took Australia Post 9 days to get from Oaks Park to its Sydney West facility. 3 more days to Adelaide and hopefully delivery today.

I don’t think Australia Post’s delivery last day for Xmas should be ignored and 5 days be extra added.

So you're saying they are getting quicker right?

• Haha 1

Brewing Lawnmower, it comes to "Add hops" you look for your Galaxy hops of which you are pretty sure you have some in the freezer and an unopen bag in the fridge...but you find no hops

TarEEK! LaSCARE 👻🎃 on Twitter: "Just for context for those who don't  follow cricket, this was the double teapot disappointed Pakistan fan after  a dropped catch against Australia whose picture went viral:

So, you get up early to go to the Brewshop to get hops, sure it is 15 hours late but at least you'll have hops. 

You then notice he only has 25gms of Galaxy hops but that is OK as you could have had no hops

image.jpeg.cbc44edfc467a4e792362e849704cb2c.jpeg

Then you remember @J Psaid "use 50gms of Galaxy in Lawnmower" so you look at the hops selection one more time, looking to see if he has 100gms somewhere but all you find is another 25gm pack which would be sweet but it is $8 for 25 gms of hops

TarEEK! LaSCARE 👻🎃 on Twitter: "Just for context for those who don't  follow cricket, this was the double teapot disappointed Pakistan fan after  a dropped catch against Australia whose picture went viral:

You then do the math and realise your impulse thought was correct, it is stupid to be putting 50gms of hops in for $16

and then, after the brewshop guy says no to a discount on those hops, then tells you he now has Melba hops, 8 weeks after you asked him, he said no and you then ordered them online

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On 12/11/2022 at 7:50 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Brewing Lawnmower, it comes to "Add hops" you look for your Galaxy hops of which you are pretty sure you have some in the freezer and an unopen bag in the fridge...but you find no hops

So, you get up early to go to the Brewshop to get hops, sure it is 15 hours late but at least you'll have hops. 

You then notice he only has 25gms of Galaxy hops but that is OK as you could have had no hops

image.jpeg.cbc44edfc467a4e792362e849704cb2c.jpeg

Then you remember @J Psaid "use 50gms of Galaxy in Lawnmower" so you look at the hops selection one more time, looking to see if he has 100gms somewhere but all you find is another 25gm pack which would be sweet but it is $8 for 25 gms of hops

You then do the math and realise your impulse thought was correct, it is stupid to be putting 50gms of hops in for $16

and then, after the brewshop guy says no to a discount on those hops, then tells you he now has Melba hops, 8 weeks after you asked him, he said no and you then ordered them online

Thank you for taking us along on this very emotional roller coaster.   I feel like I’ve BEEN THERE so many times.  

can confirm 50g NOT 100g galaxy the go thanks to research and development teams efforts @bennoz. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late on the report; @J Pwas in sunny Radelaide last week for work so we arranged an impromptu meet up for a couple of beers at the Wheaty in Thebarton.

He also put in some time the night before at The Grace Emily and Shapeshifter. 

A solid effort mate, well done. You did SA proud. 

I hope to see you in WA sometime.

🍻

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

A bit late on the report; @J Pwas in sunny Radelaide last week for work so we arranged an impromptu meet up for a couple of beers at the Wheaty in Thebarton.

He also put in some time the night before at The Grace Emily and Shapeshifter. 

A solid effort mate, well done. You did SA proud. 

I hope to see you in WA sometime.

🍻

Thanks for steering me down all the wrong paths mate, it was a pleasure to catch up and experience Radelaide.  Splendid city.  Shapeshifter and Wheaty served up some inspirational Hazys!!!  Even survived the china town crocodile and snow peas washed down with a Sapporo!

welcome in WA anytime!

2F107625-C1D2-4D86-A749-32606B221CE2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Finally take the plunge this week and get my eye sight corrected  by laser surgery, so up to Adelaide for a few days having surgey on two separate days for each eye (just in case they stuff up and leave me blind in one eye, they can forgoe the second eye).

I have had glasses for 27 years now and still think they suck, so hopefully, Friday night coming will be one of celebration, a few brews and a smile on my face

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Finally take the plunge this week and get my eye sight corrected  by laser surgery, so up to Adelaide for a few days having surgey on two separate days for each eye (just in case they stuff up and leave me blind in one eye, they can forgoe the second eye).

I have had glasses for 27 years now and still think they suck, so hopefully, Friday night coming will be one of celebration, a few brews and a smile on my face

Nice. Good luck. You won’t need it though, you’ll be just fine.

I’d love to get laser surgery for my distance vision. I’ve worn glasses for 23 years now and arguably needed them for a few years prior to that. I tried contacts for a while during my twenties for vanity reasons. Eventually, like with my hair I gave up.

Unfortunately due to the nature of my work the surgery is not approved but when I eventually give the game away I’ll be first in line to get it done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Nice. Good luck. You won’t need it though, you’ll be just fine.

I’d love to get laser surgery for my distance vision. I’ve worn glasses for 23 years now and arguably needed them for a few years prior to that. I tried contacts for a while during my twenties for vanity reasons. Eventually, like with my hair I gave up.

Unfortunately due to the nature of my work the surgery is not approved but when I eventually give the game away I’ll be first in line to get it done.

Cheers mate.

When I sat with the surgeon he went through everything and then showed me the odds of surgery going kaput and I think it was 3 in every 10000 result in the person losing sight ( I think this is more to do with infection than the doctor checking out the nurses cleavage when he should have been concentrating on where he was pointing the laser...though I am not ruling it out)

I pointed out to him that those same odds were presented to me when i was getting a Colonoscopy a couple of years back, 3 in 10000 end up with you having a colostomy bag and then said to the surgeon "imagine that awkward conversation post op... Well there is good news and bad news, good news is you don't have cancer". He laughed and then pointed out he has one of those lined up early next year.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I had to sit and listen to the dumbest complaint in my life today. I thought it would have been one of those things where the person just hadn't thought it through but when presented with the facts would go "Oh, that makes sense, can't believe I looked at it any other way"

But he doubled down.

It was so hard when he said " but you can see where I'm coming from" to not go

"well no, I tend to steer towards common sense, logic and an ability to understand simple written instructions, it has served me well through my life and not left me in your position".

He even had the gall to suggest only an expert in my industry would understand what was written in front of him.

First time I have wanted a beer at lunchtime for a long time and I didn't want just the one.

Still the beers will go down well tonight...

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 13/05/2023 at 12:39 AM, Steve Gyldenvand said:

I've given a great deal of thought to finding the perfect picture to send in response to the occasional utterly stupid post or text message. This is what I came up with. What do you think?

70490169577__FBA58EA8-BA57-4F7B-A417-C470CB509BCA.jpeg

Steve, I have played a lot of cricket in my life and when ever anyone puts up a stupid post about what the team should do (In a baseball sense saying, "you know I think we should swap the pitcher and catcher"...unless that is a sledge on how bad either of them are going in their respective positions) I will just post this...

Samuel L. Jackson Look From “Black Snake Moan” | Gifrific

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...