Jump to content

Could This Be The Longest Thread Ever?


Rob Courtney
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

I realise there are floods in NSW and not sure whether Oaks Flat and Sydney West are currently effected. However an under 500g package took Australia Post 9 days to get from Oaks Park to its Sydney West facility. 3 more days to Adelaide and hopefully delivery today.

I don’t think Australia Post’s delivery last day for Xmas should be ignored and 5 days be extra added.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I realise there are floods in NSW and not sure whether Oaks Flat and Sydney West are currently effected. However an under 500g package took Australia Post 9 days to get from Oaks Park to its Sydney West facility. 3 more days to Adelaide and hopefully delivery today.

I don’t think Australia Post’s delivery last day for Xmas should be ignored and 5 days be extra added.

So you're saying they are getting quicker right?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brewing Lawnmower, it comes to "Add hops" you look for your Galaxy hops of which you are pretty sure you have some in the freezer and an unopen bag in the fridge...but you find no hops

 

TarEEK! LaSCARE 👻🎃 on Twitter: "Just for context for those who don't  follow cricket, this was the double teapot disappointed Pakistan fan after  a dropped catch against Australia whose picture went viral:

 

So, you get up early to go to the Brewshop to get hops, sure it is 15 hours late but at least you'll have hops. 

You then notice he only has 25gms of Galaxy hops but that is OK as you could have had no hops

image.jpeg.cbc44edfc467a4e792362e849704cb2c.jpeg

 

Then you remember @J Psaid "use 50gms of Galaxy in Lawnmower" so you look at the hops selection one more time, looking to see if he has 100gms somewhere but all you find is another 25gm pack which would be sweet but it is $8 for 25 gms of hops

TarEEK! LaSCARE 👻🎃 on Twitter: "Just for context for those who don't  follow cricket, this was the double teapot disappointed Pakistan fan after  a dropped catch against Australia whose picture went viral:

You then do the math and realise your impulse thought was correct, it is stupid to be putting 50gms of hops in for $16

TarEEK! LaSCARE 👻🎃 on Twitter: "Just for context for those who don't  follow cricket, this was the double teapot disappointed Pakistan fan after  a dropped catch against Australia whose picture went viral:

 

and then, after the brewshop guy says no to a discount on those hops, then tells you he now has Melba hops, 8 weeks after you asked him, he said no and you then ordered them online

 

TarEEK! LaSCARE 👻🎃 on Twitter: "Just for context for those who don't  follow cricket, this was the double teapot disappointed Pakistan fan after  a dropped catch against Australia whose picture went viral:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2022 at 7:50 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Brewing Lawnmower, it comes to "Add hops" you look for your Galaxy hops of which you are pretty sure you have some in the freezer and an unopen bag in the fridge...but you find no hops

 

TarEEK! LaSCARE 👻🎃 on Twitter: "Just for context for those who don't  follow cricket, this was the double teapot disappointed Pakistan fan after  a dropped catch against Australia whose picture went viral:

 

So, you get up early to go to the Brewshop to get hops, sure it is 15 hours late but at least you'll have hops. 

You then notice he only has 25gms of Galaxy hops but that is OK as you could have had no hops

image.jpeg.cbc44edfc467a4e792362e849704cb2c.jpeg

 

Then you remember @J Psaid "use 50gms of Galaxy in Lawnmower" so you look at the hops selection one more time, looking to see if he has 100gms somewhere but all you find is another 25gm pack which would be sweet but it is $8 for 25 gms of hops

TarEEK! LaSCARE 👻🎃 on Twitter: "Just for context for those who don't  follow cricket, this was the double teapot disappointed Pakistan fan after  a dropped catch against Australia whose picture went viral:

You then do the math and realise your impulse thought was correct, it is stupid to be putting 50gms of hops in for $16

TarEEK! LaSCARE 👻🎃 on Twitter: "Just for context for those who don't  follow cricket, this was the double teapot disappointed Pakistan fan after  a dropped catch against Australia whose picture went viral:

 

and then, after the brewshop guy says no to a discount on those hops, then tells you he now has Melba hops, 8 weeks after you asked him, he said no and you then ordered them online

 

TarEEK! LaSCARE 👻🎃 on Twitter: "Just for context for those who don't  follow cricket, this was the double teapot disappointed Pakistan fan after  a dropped catch against Australia whose picture went viral:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for taking us along on this very emotional roller coaster.   I feel like I’ve BEEN THERE so many times.  
 

can confirm 50g NOT 100g galaxy the go thanks to research and development teams efforts @bennoz. 
 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

A bit late on the report; @J Pwas in sunny Radelaide last week for work so we arranged an impromptu meet up for a couple of beers at the Wheaty in Thebarton.

He also put in some time the night before at The Grace Emily and Shapeshifter. 

A solid effort mate, well done. You did SA proud. 

I hope to see you in WA sometime.

🍻

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

A bit late on the report; @J Pwas in sunny Radelaide last week for work so we arranged an impromptu meet up for a couple of beers at the Wheaty in Thebarton.

He also put in some time the night before at The Grace Emily and Shapeshifter. 

A solid effort mate, well done. You did SA proud. 

I hope to see you in WA sometime.

🍻

 

Thanks for steering me down all the wrong paths mate, it was a pleasure to catch up and experience Radelaide.  Splendid city.  Shapeshifter and Wheaty served up some inspirational Hazys!!!  Even survived the china town crocodile and snow peas washed down with a Sapporo!

welcome in WA anytime!

 

 

2F107625-C1D2-4D86-A749-32606B221CE2.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally take the plunge this week and get my eye sight corrected  by laser surgery, so up to Adelaide for a few days having surgey on two separate days for each eye (just in case they stuff up and leave me blind in one eye, they can forgoe the second eye).

I have had glasses for 27 years now and still think they suck, so hopefully, Friday night coming will be one of celebration, a few brews and a smile on my face

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Finally take the plunge this week and get my eye sight corrected  by laser surgery, so up to Adelaide for a few days having surgey on two separate days for each eye (just in case they stuff up and leave me blind in one eye, they can forgoe the second eye).

I have had glasses for 27 years now and still think they suck, so hopefully, Friday night coming will be one of celebration, a few brews and a smile on my face

Nice. Good luck. You won’t need it though, you’ll be just fine.

I’d love to get laser surgery for my distance vision. I’ve worn glasses for 23 years now and arguably needed them for a few years prior to that. I tried contacts for a while during my twenties for vanity reasons. Eventually, like with my hair I gave up.

Unfortunately due to the nature of my work the surgery is not approved but when I eventually give the game away I’ll be first in line to get it done.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Nice. Good luck. You won’t need it though, you’ll be just fine.

I’d love to get laser surgery for my distance vision. I’ve worn glasses for 23 years now and arguably needed them for a few years prior to that. I tried contacts for a while during my twenties for vanity reasons. Eventually, like with my hair I gave up.

Unfortunately due to the nature of my work the surgery is not approved but when I eventually give the game away I’ll be first in line to get it done.

 

Cheers mate.

When I sat with the surgeon he went through everything and then showed me the odds of surgery going kaput and I think it was 3 in every 10000 result in the person losing sight ( I think this is more to do with infection than the doctor checking out the nurses cleavage when he should have been concentrating on where he was pointing the laser...though I am not ruling it out)

I pointed out to him that those same odds were presented to me when i was getting a Colonoscopy a couple of years back, 3 in 10000 end up with you having a colostomy bag and then said to the surgeon "imagine that awkward conversation post op... Well there is good news and bad news, good news is you don't have cancer". He laughed and then pointed out he has one of those lined up early next year.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...