Could This Be The Longest Thread Ever?

Rob Courtney

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the part I really like about Brewart, tonight, I am drinking a stubbie...or a longneck of a different beer each time. To go through a bottle shop and buy six different beers is the same cost as a brewprint, at least, whereas now, I can indulge in different brews, in different styles, with different hops all for loose change I guess.

Plus my beer is better 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I think this is the part I really like about Brewart, tonight, I am drinking a stubbie...or a longneck of a different beer each time. To go through a bottle shop and buy six different beers is the same cost as a brewprint, at least, whereas now, I can indulge in different brews, in different styles, with different hops all for loose change I guess.

Plus my beer is better 

With my kegs I have choice of 4 different brews, 2 connected to flow control taps however can connect the other 2 by simply changing the beer disconnects, 10 seconds at most. 
currently have choice of Coopers XPA, Coopers Session Ale, Lawn Mower Lager and Lord’s English Pale Ale. Enjoyment plus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

With my kegs I have choice of 4 different brews, 2 connected to flow control taps however can connect the other 2 by simply changing the beer disconnects, 10 seconds at most. 
currently have choice of Coopers XPA, Coopers Session Ale, Lawn Mower Lager and Lord’s English Pale Ale. Enjoyment plus.

Yep, just excellent having this sort of variety going on...though to be honest, I have snuck a pale ale back in the freezer to see if it is as good as I thought it was. But tonight, lovely dinner, West Coast, then Pale Ale, then Birra, then a longie of Belgian and another Pale...what a start to "weekend eve"...if the AFL were naming Thursdays :)

I have a dedicated beer fridge . Shame its 300 odd litres , could get away with a 50 litre the turn over is that quick lol. I do generally only throw the beers i want to drink in the fridge though . The beers i have at like 8 weeks + i should just put them in the fridge lol 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Your right, great to have the variety. Do you have a dedicated beer fridge?

Oh excuse me your majesty, what you with your royal castle with the royal beer fridge. ;)

Actually, I don't, no real reason why, maybe lazy, I don't know. I will generally just come home, grab a few bottles, stick them in the freezer for 30-45 mins and they are ready to go back into the fridge and one into a glass

• Upvote 3

Just looking at the lawns of that place, imagine, that's probably close to a full time job for someone. It reminds me of a time I was listening to Billy Connolly on stage and he was talking about his life and he was saying he was rich, rich beyond his wildest dreams, he never had to worry about money again.He had houses in different countries, could afford to eat what he liked, flew at the front of the plane...all of lifes luxuries

He then said he was invited to lunch at George Harrisons house and as he drove up the magnificent driveway to Georges house/mansion, he counted 10 people working on the gardens. When he got to the house he asked about the guys working in the gardens of George Harrisons estate and George admitted that they all worked full time maintaining his gardens. Connolly said he then understood, there is rich...and then there is George Harrison rich

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrelboy said:

I’ve decided to be permanently constipated, the bloody dunny roll hoarding and restrictions in sales is on again. What a joke.

He’s got his, and he wears white pants??,!lol

E66A9AE2-08CC-47E8-9ACC-D7C393CCD91D.jpeg.5adad53e31e620938bb42ad39e116f44.jpeg

Seriously, what is wrong with people?

Have I missed something that says "Symptoms include explosive diarrhea"?

I mean I'd understand if the news said "There has been a massive run on E1, E5 and y7 as brewers attempt to wait out the Covid-19 scare by consuming as many delicious pilsners as they can" but not bog rolls 

• Haha 1

Finally did a stock take on what I had left and then had a muck around on the shem sheet to see what I could make out of ingredients. Pretty happy with the line up as I was able to squeeze another Pale Ale into the line up with the rest being lagers. Still, 13 quality beers still to be made until the next order  

3 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

13 is a few. That'd be a good 3.5 months of solid brewing.

I had placed a big order at the beginning of the year and then when Italy and Spain had basically gone into lock down, I thought I can handle being forced to stay at home for a long stretch but if I run out of beer I'll be a bit narky...so I placed another order. Some people stripped the shelves of toilet paper and dettol, I bought hops and plenty of brewart ingredients  

• Upvote 1

On 26/06/2020 at 10:16 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Had a discussion with my doc today about my blood tests results ( having both parents get cancer, I now have to do tests) and she asked whether I drank alcohol...

Pro tip, answering with "like a champ" does not get you a high five...humourless bugger

So all of my results have come in and apparently, I have "bad cholesterol" and I am like " crap, I eat pretty well and do 200k on a bike each week", I am stuffed. The doc said "no, you just have to take a pill for the rest of your life and you'll be fine".

Stupidly, I talk to Mrs C, who I should because she has PHDs in Biology (2 because she couldn't laud it over me with just the one) but shouldn't because she is so caustic and say " I have to take a pill for the rest of my life" and she says "yeah, welcome to my world numb nuts"

• Haha 3

Sold my two boxes of swing top bottles. Just wanted rid of them so put a price of $20 on it...going away in three days for two weeks so didn't want to put a big price on them...they were taking up space.

15 minutes later after 10 people on Fakebook buy and sell all said "yes please"...starting to think I could have made it $35

• Upvote 1