Could This Be The Longest Thread Ever?

Rob Courtney

So I come home last night and there is a "swear jar" on the kitchen bench with writing that looks suspiciously like my daughters. Firstly, as an Irishman, this is pretty vindictive because back in Ireland, a lot of words that are considered swearing here are considered to be adjectives and definitely would not result in being charged for a said "swear word".

Secondly, she isn't allowed to swear, so it's not like she is coughing up any money, the sneaky bugger, same goes for my boy, though you can just tell he's counting down the days til he can.

On the positive, it is only 10 cents a swear word and the money is meant to go to a charity of her choice which is at least palletable, so I stuck a $10 note in yesterdy to at least cover this weekends obscenities. Lucky the Crows aren't playing, could cost me a $50 for the weekend.

I might put up a "ask annoying questions" jar though, two can play at this game

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Thanks 1

The 10 bucks was a good idea. Your right, some swear words are just part of adjective speaking. I’m look at the “f” word, there are many ways this word can be express, in a nice descriptive way (that’s a nice f.....g nice car), a pissed off way (f...k this gives me the ....), as a directive (f...k off) etc. 

However swearing has its right place and not for the young ones. 

Ps $50 for a Crows match isn’t hard to achieve even at 10c a pop, I can string 5 or more together unpleasantries for one issue.😩

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Any Apple iPad 2 wizards? For no reason I can work out my yahoo mail no longer goes direct to the inbox but straight to the bin box.

Help please

Ha, still not going right. I’ve exhausted googling, deleted yahoo mail, reinstated ect. The yahoo mail app has no filters to alter as suggest by some on the net. Got me buggered.

Bloody computer bugs

D7CFF38E-0535-47BA-9F21-439F35AB0EDE.jpeg.9f1ac1b0ddc71bfb8bd5a0c44c78a6ad.jpeg

7 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Still stuffed???

With this continual stuff up, I’m quitting bloody yahoo and slowly changing apps etc to gmail. It’s a bit of a slow process but do you want my bloody horror!

Change the BrewArt over and wham, the droids are down, request to re connect wifi, re register, just as if starting afresh! Bloody hell I thought (actually worse than that)

Lost, so on the phone to Liam, but he’s not there, so have to leave a panic message, can you fix it your end.

Well whilst waiting for awhile for another reason I turned the iPad off the back on again. Did this and that, checked the BrewArt app, and all is back to normal. Liam I thought you beauty, so rang to say all ok. He answered and he informed he didn’t do a thing, checked account and change over all good.

The beer droid gods are there, I’ve had to have some beers now.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/02/2021 at 7:40 PM, J P said:

Beer gut without the buzz? I don’t get it.  

I kinda get it ( I mean not for me) but my sister drinks those type of beers when she is at official engagements as she can "drink and be sociable" and not get so out of it that she is chucking a browneye out of the car whilst she is being driven home. Give her credit but, I'd need a couple of proper drinks before I relax with the folk she mingles with.

Of course, when she isn't with those folk, she could drink a Russian alcoholic under the table, so it is more pratical than wanted as far as low alcohol beer goes. A couple of Xmas ago, she was necking some negligble beers and I tried one at her insistence and it was at least better than most of the low carb beers that find their way on tap.

• Haha 3