Jump to content

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Christopher Platt said:

When using BrewPrints or brewArt elements - are the Hops always inserted after fermentation is complete and for 24 hours?

Hi Christopher, Mark here and welcome to the forum. If you are using the Brewflo kegs then you add a sachet of hops concentrate direct to the kegs after fermentation and ready to keg mode then fill. If bottling add the hop sachets to the droid removing the lid carefully and replacing and it is best to leave for 24 hours so it is distributed well. Some add and stir gently with a sanitised ladle and bottle straight away, however I don’t think this is the best course of action unless in a hurry.

Cheers.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Christopher Platt said:

When using BrewPrints or brewArt elements - are the Hops always inserted after fermentation is complete and for 24 hours?

Agree with @Barrelboy on this, if you are using the hop pouches and you are just putting the beer into kegs, then put the hops into the keg before filling. If you are doing bottles or half bottles/half keg, then hops in 24 hours before bottling/kegging. Don't use a sanitised spoon to mix it in, it has 24 hours, it will mix in just fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, i am Gustavo and i am new on it. Today is my first time so have a tons of doubts. Here my question, after the 24 hours, can i set the Droid to storage mode and drink the beer directly from it without bottling/kegging.

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gustavo Vareniza said:

Hello, i am Gustavo and i am new on it. Today is my first time so have a tons of doubts. Here my question, after the 24 hours, can i set the Droid to storage mode and drink the beer directly from it without bottling/kegging.

thanks!

Hi Gustavo, Mark here and welcome to the forum. Good group here and information/help. Don’t be shy on asking/seeking advise we were all new to it.

Now to answer your question, yes you could put the droid into storage mode and drink the beer directly from it however the beer will be “flat”, no carbonation. When you bottle or keg a form of sugar is added to provide co2 carbonation. This not only gives a head to your brew but provides a crisp freshness that enhances the taste.

What styles do you enjoy the most?

Cheers Mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Hi Gustavo, Mark here and welcome to the forum. Good group here and information/help. Don’t be shy on asking/seeking advise we were all new to it.

Now to answer your question, yes you could put the droid into storage mode and drink the beer directly from it however the beer will be “flat”, no carbonation. When you bottle or keg a form of sugar is added to provide co2 carbonation. This not only gives a head to your brew but provides a crisp freshness that enhances the taste.

What styles do you enjoy the most?

Cheers Mark.

Hey Mark, thanks for your reply. really appreciate it. Honestly i like API or dark beers, now i am doing the American Pale Ale (it is the first time). I am thinking to prepare after it a Czech pils, i like a lot Czech beers. i dont know what could be a good dark beer from the brewprints. Do you have some suggestions?

thanks for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gustavo Vareniza said:

Hey Mark, thanks for your reply. really appreciate it. Honestly i like API or dark beers, now i am doing the American Pale Ale (it is the first time). I am thinking to prepare after it a Czech pils, i like a lot Czech beers. i dont know what could be a good dark beer from the brewprints. Do you have some suggestions?

thanks for your help!

The American Pale Ale is a nice drop and the Czech Pilsner is a ripper.

Dark Ales:- Although probably not a true dark ale the California Steam is a real good drop, Coopers Dark Ale always a goodie, Revolution Dark Lager very good and have done several times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 7:35 PM, Barrelboy said:

The American Pale Ale is a nice drop and the Czech Pilsner is a ripper.

Dark Ales:- Although probably not a true dark ale the California Steam is a real good drop, Coopers Dark Ale always a goodie, Revolution Dark Lager very good and have done several times.

Hey Mark, me again sorry for bothering you  but know i have other doubts. 

Now the brew is completed(see image below), so the next steps are:

#1 taste the brew, if it is Ok move to step 2

#2 add the hops, 

#3 Move to store mode and wait for 24 hours.

#4 After 24 hours  I can drink directly from the Droid or move to Keg mode

#5 When my bottles in 2-5 days I can move to Keg mode, wait fro kicking the temperature (Ready to Keg)

# 6 End the Program

# 7 start to bottle

please let me know if the steps are Ok or i will do something wrong.

thanks

20200530_152210.thumb.jpg.34f8cc2ab39b82dd4db14a8b7c972bd0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gustavo Vareniza said:

Hey Mark, me again sorry for bothering you  but know i have other doubts. 

Now the brew is completed(see image below), so the next steps are:

#1 taste the brew, if it is Ok move to step 2

#2 add the hops, 

#3 Move to store mode and wait for 24 hours.

#4 After 24 hours  I can drink directly from the Droid or move to Keg mode

#5 When my bottles in 2-5 days I can move to Keg mode, wait fro kicking the temperature (Ready to Keg)

# 6 End the Program

# 7 start to bottle

please let me know if the steps are Ok or i will do something wrong.

thanks

20200530_152210.thumb.jpg.34f8cc2ab39b82dd4db14a8b7c972bd0.jpg

No bother at all.

1) can taste a sample if you wish

2) add hops (leave in ready to keg mode) is will auto go to store mode after 48hrs however you can change back to keg mode.

3) let it go to store mode if you want to drink “flat” beer from droid however If not doing that

4) after 24 hrs of the hops in the droid (ready to keg mode),  press the tick, turn off unit and bottle adding the sugar drops or other sugar means for carbonation purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

No bother at all.

1) can taste a sample if you wish

2) add hops (leave in ready to keg mode) is will auto go to store mode after 48hrs however you can change back to keg mode.

3) let it go to store mode if you want to drink “flat” beer from droid however If not doing that

4) after 24 hrs of the hops in the droid (ready to keg mode),  press the tick, turn off unit and bottle adding the sugar drops or other sugar means for carbonation purposes.

thanks Mark,

First time the color for the first half glass was dark and not nice, i repeated the process again and the color improve like in the picture. But  I don't sure if it should be the final color. it smells nice but bitter. I am assuming it is needed for the second fermentation.


At the time to bottle, should I beat or mix the brew in order to have a better distribution of the sediments?

 

20200530_164448.thumb.jpg.bca310863b9cab6b7bdccb3c92629378.jpg

 

20200530_164448.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gustavo Vareniza said:

thanks Mark,

First time the color for the first half glass was dark and not nice, i repeated the process again and the color improve like in the picture. But  I don't sure if it should be the final color. it smells nice but bitter. I am assuming it is needed for the second fermentation.


At the time to bottle, should I beat or mix the brew in order to have a better distribution of the sediments?

 

20200530_164448.thumb.jpg.bca310863b9cab6b7bdccb3c92629378.jpg

 

20200530_164448.jpg

The first pour out the tap will be cloudy etc as sediment would have settled in the tap. As time goes on (maturing) the brew will smooth out nicely.

Don’t stir the droid contents, 1) you introduce unwanted and harmful oxygen and 2) you don’t want the sediment (trub) in your kegs or bottles. As the beer carbonates in your bottles, the Pilsner will clear up and by the looks of it will be a top drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

The first pour out the tap will be cloudy etc as sediment would have settled in the tap. As time goes on (maturing) the brew will smooth out nicely.

Don’t stir the droid contents, 1) you introduce unwanted and harmful oxygen and 2) you don’t want the sediment (trub) in your kegs or bottles. As the beer carbonates in your bottles, the Pilsner will clear up and by the looks of it will be a top drop.

thanks Mark, you are the best!! Now i feel more happy :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/05/2020 at 5:21 PM, Gustavo Vareniza said:

thanks Mark, you are the best!! Now i feel more happy :)

Hey Mark,  to sanitize glass or plastic bottle (new or used). can i use the Droid cleanse tablets? i mean put the tablet on a recipient and clean the bottles? Should i do something else?

 

thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gustavo Vareniza said:

Hey Mark,  to sanitize glass or plastic bottle (new or used). can i use the Droid cleanse tablets? i mean put the tablet on a recipient and clean the bottles? Should i do something else?

 

thanks,

Most of use a non rinse like starsan, it’s reusable, 1.5ml per litre so very economical. Use in a spray bottle as well for the droid Inside, tap etc and other odds and ends. However if you don’t have any the tab will be fine but you need to give a light rinse as per when using on the droid. So only do it just before your going to bottle and all will be fine.Don’t forget to sanitise the caps, bottle seals as well.

Ps the tab is for sanitising not cleaning. 

Edited by Barrelboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2020 at 10:41 PM, Barrelboy said:

Sorry the tab is a cleaner so disregard my Ps comment, but the above that is all fine.

Cheers Mark

thanks Mark and sorry for my late answer

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...