Barrelboy

The Original Pilsner

Can’t find a reference on here, has anyone done it before and if so comment? Kegged it today into a maturing keg after a 7 day fermentation. Will leave this one for a while (is 2 weeks “a while”🤔😂)

I did one a while back, it was nice without standing out but it would have been done with hop pouches. I guess I was doing this around the time of cold crashing for 4 days and leaving the hop oils in for 5 days. It just didn't have it for me but to be fair, I did all the things to it I'd never do now, so it may be worth trying again, dry hopped.

16 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I did one a while back, it was nice without standing out but it would have been done with hop pouches. I guess I was doing this around the time of cold crashing for 4 days and leaving the hop oils in for 5 days. It just didn't have it for me but to be fair, I did all the things to it I'd never do now, so it may be worth trying again, dry hopped.

Dry hopped 20g Czech Saaz for just on 48hrs. (not a liquid hop pouch fan, but have 2 of each in the fridge in case I run out of pellets or forget to add prior to keg mode status).

• Upvote 1

Cracked this one yesterday after 7+ weeks maturing. I must say an excellent drop, bitter/sweet finish well supported by the Czech Saaz hops. From Rob’s comments I’d say the hop pellets made a difference to using the liquid hop sachets.

0B264158-8878-480C-B36E-D54A834F3B40.thumb.jpeg.d35ede13a8763de78d95370de9842a63.jpegF76F154B-90BF-45C7-A093-75416413AE8B.thumb.jpeg.36c9e1d843a08cbf3959224f76932cfb.jpeg

Cracked this one yesterday after 7+ weeks maturing. I must say an excellent drop, bitter/sweet finish well supported by the Czech Saaz hops. From Rob’s comments I’d say the hop pellets made a difference to using the liquid hop sachets.

0B264158-8878-480C-B36E-D54A834F3B40.thumb.jpeg.d35ede13a8763de78d95370de9842a63.jpegF76F154B-90BF-45C7-A093-75416413AE8B.thumb.jpeg.36c9e1d843a08cbf3959224f76932cfb.jpegProbably 2 litres left as at Friday night, so good put it in the Droid today.

Man i cannot wait until the 1st of August to crack into my kegs. This looks like a good drop. I think some pilsners might be worth cracking into for the upcoming summer months. Might have to think ahead 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm not drinking until I get back home (hopefully Friday), so as soon as I get in the door, a few bottles in the freezer and by time I unpack, a nice selection of brews will have reached temp...and if they haven't...I'm still having one

• Haha 1

At 8 weeks and absolutely delicious. Will be a great summer drink or a Port Hedland @Paul84anytime drink.

image.thumb.jpg.d03594f11ba45449a61857f5a6a0b2bd.jpgIn front of the Crows Cap is a rock cat, have to talk to it when swmbo is reading. I once said I got more sense but that’s another story😁

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Will order one of these next order now I am coming down in stock. The crap thing is, if I get one each of my favs and a few others to try I'm probably hitting 15-20 prints in an order

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Will order one of these next order now I am coming down in stock. The crap thing is, if I get one each of my favs and a few others to try I'm probably hitting 15-20 prints in an order

You can’t have too many but I know what you mean.

• Upvote 1

I still have a couple of brews at home to do after my holiday then i will have to do another order so will grab one of these. Also want to do the Czech Pils . However enjoying shop beers in cans for the next few weeks lol

• Upvote 1