Thomas Cooper Artisan Reserve

Will give a better review when I get into a few bottles...so later tonight ;)

Nah, The second brew when I got the droid that I made and I was devo, probably 3 weeks secondary ( this was the brew that made me buy a few slabs so I could get some secondary fermentation. I loved this beer when it was at Dans so to have it after a disappointing Czech Pils  was kinda upsetting. I thought at this stage " why did I spend money on thsi?")

Anyways, this is at second ferm 6 weeks, so it has 3-4 weeks to hit the lager sweet spot...but this is pretty good. Hard to gauge, do you rate it above Monsch, does it beat Aussie Premium? Such a tough question and can only be truly answered if some effwit had labelled the bottles instead of casually throwing a label on the box.

Drinks very easy tonight though

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Just having another one of these...on a day that got to 32...

Bit of the Belgian Lager about it, though I went and looked and they could not be further apart in ingredients. Pretty good for 6 or 7 weeks. I would think next time I would dry hop it just to get a touch more bitterness

32 wow. Is Mt Gambier coping? Do you air conditioners? 🥵🌞☀️
Your convinced me to give this a go, I mean why not. Have schedule this for Droid A.

19 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

No air conditioner, 16 ft ceilings though which keeps it cool.

Hold back a couple of weeks, I will have one of these first to get a true indication of it

Ok, should work out ok, just put in a California Steam, will be near 14days on last brewing of that but you never can tell, depends upon the yeast.

• 2 weeks later...

Initially with these “new” brews we are producing there needs to be some trialling as I believe some are better consumed early/fresh, others around the 6-8wks and others longer (usually the stouts and high alcohol %). For that purpose I’m making manual notes. My results may differ from someone using a sugar primer to carbonate as I use co2 and I believe this does give a fresher/crisper result more quickly. That being said if the Brewflo had been available when I changed from bottling to kegging I’d be using the Brewflo unit and bottling. (Bottling 6-7 longnecks a lot more tolerable than 30 with a 23l brew)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Bit posh 😊ha ha,  but sounds ok. Fritz or cold sausages (sliced) sandwiches with tom sauce the go for me. Do extra sausages on the bbq these days for those sandwiches the next day. Often simple is the best.🥪

Oh yeah, I can tell you, no more wonderful eating is the day after Xmas, roast chicken, roast potatoes and gravy sandwiches with beer on a Boxing Day test match session. You know its going to end up messy when you have the first sarny before drinks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrelboy said:

36, 42 in Mt Gambier. Impossible your looking at Adelaides weather😊🌞.

Same with me, never tried it before, but it’s now in the line for future consumption. I might buy a bottle from Dan’s to compare.

Yeah, it is a real old fashioned, before craft beer, craft beer. I used to drink this with Boags premium and always hope this was on special, the Dans down here got rid of it because I was the only one drinking it...bastards

26 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

I dry hopped 2 days before fermentation completed with 10g of  Czech Saaz and 10g of Hallertau. The reason for the two, the Brewprint called for the Czech (H4) whilst the Coopers kit recipe for this brew has Hallertau in it.

Yeah, I can see a bit of experimentation going on with my dry hopping in the next year, the pity is it is a good 8 weeks til you get a real good idea on how it has worked out

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

About to keg my first batch of Thomas Coopers Artisan Reserve. I have added the hops (2 pouches) and have noticed two pouches of sucrose. Do I add these two pouches to the batch along with the hops or did I mess up? Should I have added them at the start?

Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, Jerry Roe said:

About to keg my first batch of Thomas Coopers Artisan Reserve. I have added the hops (2 pouches) and have noticed two pouches of sucrose. Do I add these two pouches to the batch along with the hops or did I mess up? Should I have added them at the start?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jerry, Mark here and a welcome to a great forum. After adding the hops wait 24 hours for the hop solution to infuse with the brew. ( in the ready to keg mode). Now if kegging add a sucrose  pouch to each keg then fill. If bottling the easiest are the drops or you can add other forms of sugar to each bottle.

Are you going to keg or bottle (if bottling do you have the sucrose drops?)

Cheers Mark