General Sports Banter

Clayton Angel

39 minutes ago, Clayton Angel said:

Look what I have done!

I am a geelong supporter...thought we had something going there for a single week.

Two good things about Geelong, they gave us (Crows) Malcolm Blight, they don’t live at the MCG. 

Did you know Richmond players get “bus lag” when they go from the MCG to Docklands/Marvel stadium😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Also lazy.Â đŸ€Ź

He is. It was his criticism at the Crows that he wouldn't get fit enough, wouldn't take rehab seriously and then when we came knocking for Gibbs, SOS said how much he thought Gov was worth and his agent said "how much". On the positive, I think this is the last year you guys are paying him a little north of 900k

• Upvote 2

Can someone explain:-

Port Power claims it was established in 1870 however AFL doesn’t recognise this as they have recorded only the one Premiership to the Power and not all those since 1870. Interesting as all the Victorian AFL Clubs have their VFL records included in the AFL stats etc.

I think the reality is the Vic AFL Clubs should not claim their VFL records as that was the Victorian Football League and not AFL. But let’s face it it’s really not the AFL but VFL with “invited guests” 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Port Power claims it was established in 1870 however AFL doesn’t recognise this as they have recorded only the one Premiership to the Power and not all those since 1870. Interesting as all the Victorian AFL Clubs have their VFL records included in the AFL stats etc.

I think the reality is the Vic AFL Clubs should not claim their VFL records as that was the Victorian Football League and not AFL. But let’s face it it’s really not the AFL but VFL with “invited guests” 

We were invited to join "their " competition, which they renamed.

It is still their competition based on the "50 year deal" for the GF which was worked out with the CEO of just one club at the table ( no prizes for guessing that he really is everywhere)

46 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

We were invited to join "their " competition, which they renamed.

It is still their competition based on the "50 year deal" for the GF which was worked out with the CEO of just one club at the table ( no prizes for guessing that he really is everywhere)

Good one for Eddie, and he’s not raving now after a few of his boys have got into trouble

5 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Good one for Eddie, and he’s not raving now after a few of his boys have got into trouble

I did like the "He has a few scotches and didn't realise how strong they were"

Mate, he was in his undies, staggering the street at dawn...and he is what, 29...not realising how strong the alcohol is excuse, becomes void at 21 

• Upvote 2

On 03/07/2020 at 4:52 PM, Rob Courtney said:

McGovern trade makes me feel good

He is a spud. I am glad Freo didnt make a serious play for him . Btw , sorry to my Radelaidian friends today , was a sad game but i am glad we got the 4 points 

• Upvote 1

On 04/07/2020 at 8:11 PM, Rob Courtney said:

I did like the "He has a few scotches and didn't realise how strong they were"

Mate, he was in his undies, staggering the street at dawn...and he is what, 29...not realising how strong the alcohol is excuse, becomes void at 21 

Ive had a few scotches in my time... and havent done this haha.  I have lost a few hours but never my pants 

• Haha 1

On 04/07/2020 at 6:56 PM, Barrelboy said:

I agree. As both a Carlton supporter and having grown up in Victoria with the VFL I still reckon this is a joke. If you're in the competition your history including any premierships won should count.

FWIW Port are my second team in the AFL competition. Don't even ask about the SANFL as you may all ban me from here! 😛

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

The young brigade of Crows have been looking good for a while unfortunately not for three quarters. It would seem Nicks plan of play is starting to take shape. Looking good for the future I’d say. 

Good to see (ha ha bull) that the first Grand Final out of VFL, sorry AFL Victoria is going to a traditionally non Australian Rules State. The argument Qld deserve it is only brought about by a matter of circumstances. However it does give the Vic teams a home ground feeling, sun, surf and that holiday feeling 😀

Edited by Barrelboy