General Sports Banter

Clayton Angel

30 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Good to see (ha ha bull) that the first Grand Final out of VFL, sorry AFL Victoria is going to a traditionally non Australian Rules State. The argument Qld deserve it is only brought about by a matter of circumstances. However it does give the Vic teams a home ground feeling, sun, surf and that holiday feeling 😀

Unfortunately very few here will care about it. 

It sure will be different.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

The young brigade of Crows have been looking good for a while unfortunately not for three quarters. It would seem Nicks plan of play is starting to take shape. Looking good for the future I’d say. 

Good to see (ha ha bull) that the first Grand Final out of VFL, sorry AFL Victoria is going to a traditionally non Australian Rules State. The argument Qld deserve it is only brought about by a matter of circumstances. However it does give the Vic teams a home ground feeling, sun, surf and that holiday feeling 😀

It makes total sense to hold it in Qld. The fanfare will be small, it can be held it night where conditions won't be the best. That way you won't have SA or WA putting on such a big spectacle that folk start questioning whether the AFL final should be held at different grounds each year, thus renedring that stupid contract they signed useless.

I swear, if Qld was going to put up a half decent GF, the AFL would have made the GF at Xmas Island detention centre

• Upvote 1

Just read in the paper the MCG members want an extra 2 years of the Grand Final at the MCG due to the lose to QLD.. So the greedy Vics aren’t satisfied with the current 2057 time line. By the way no interstate club was consulted about the 2057 date when it came into being. As I say “it’s not the AFL it’s the VFL with invited quests”.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Just read in the paper the MCG members want an extra 2 years of the Grand Final at the MCG due to the lose to QLD.. So the greedy Vics aren’t satisfied with the current 2057 time line. By the way no interstate club was consulted about the 2057 date when it came into being. As I say “it’s not the AFL it’s the VFL with invited quests”.

Your South Australian chip is showing mate. 😜

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

So @Barrelboy and @Rob Courtney

Crows and Blues this weekend. Unfortunately I'm working and will miss the game.

I hope we give that lazy Bryce Gibbs a send off for you.

Have to agree about Gibbs. He failed under two coach’s and just couldn’t get that spark back he had at Carlton. Even Eddie Betts at the Crows didn’t lift him.

14 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

So @Barrelboy and @Rob Courtney

Crows and Blues this weekend. Unfortunately I'm working and will miss the game.

I hope we give that lazy Bryce Gibbs a send off for you.

I hope we make him sit on the pine the whole match, 35 games is no reason for a retirement game. I remember watching Bryce as a 17 year old playing for Glenelg and thinking he could be a franchise player...sadly he was drafted to a basket case (which you were at the time, you put him in the leadership group before he played FFS) and he became that basket case. Never got the work ethic to go with the talent...sad but oh well

6 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

I hope we make him sit on the pine the whole match, 35 games is no reason for a retirement game. I remember watching Bryce as a 17 year old playing for Glenelg and thinking he could be a franchise player...sadly he was drafted to a basket case (which you were at the time, you put him in the leadership group before he played FFS) and he became that basket case. Never got the work ethic to go with the talent...sad but oh well

I know the weaker teams have to be made stronger but draft priority picks have sent a lot of excellent young talent to clubs that are really not offering anything to enhance their skills and why a number leave as soon as their contract is up. The other side of the coin is like GWS where millions were invested by the AFL, priority picks galore and you have a new club that rapidly passes all the long term, doing it hard clubs up the ladder.

2 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

One thing that did suprise me was that Gibbs was carried off by two Carlton players! I thought at the least, one of each team.

It would seem a person whom rang a radio sports show stating that “Gibbs left his heart with Carlton and only brought his body to the  Crows” was correct?

I saw a photo of that and it did look a little odd.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...