Beer Drinking Glasses

1 minute ago, Dustin Frothman said:

@Captain 3 Droids I sell quite a lot of things on Gumtree and am of the opinion that everything eventually sells as long as it's priced correctly. 

So whenever I price something I expect the final price to be lower than advertised.

If you want $200 then start at $250 etc.

Totally agree, but times are tough and she was a lovely lady. So I could collect at 7am she left them at the front door and asked me to put the money under the door mat.😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Totally agree, but times are tough and she was a lovely lady. So I could collect at 7am she left them at the front door and asked me to put the money under the door mat.😁

👍

I just thought some context on my $10 comment was necessary.

For something small like this I'd definitely offer the asking price too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I just bought some Stella glasses in the same manner! Gumtree and Facebook marketplace are a great way get things on the cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

As you get further north, the Yeti brand becomes more and more of a cult...

I splurged on one of these big insulated mug thingies because it's handy having a near indestructible 700ml container. It does a nice job as a beer mug for picnics/barbecues/outdoor parties/arvo balcony beers. Good to be able to bring something you can pour a whole homebrew bottle in without worrying it'll break. It also comes with a sealed lid that can only be described as an adult sippy cup.

I sampled an English Pub Draft out of it tonight to give it a run, sipping it outside over the course of about 30+ mins. Very comfortable to drink beer out of without the lid, and the insulation kept it cold even lidless as you get a layer of cool air forming on top once you drink a bit. I tried with the sippy lid for a bit just to see, and I don't particularly enjoy it for beer but it'd be useful for if I'm concerned about spills or drinking water, and I'm sure it would prolong the coldness. As it was, it was still what I'd call "fridge cold" until the last couple of sips that were still chilly but a little warmer. Generally inside I'd probably go a headmaster or the big fancy Saison glass because of their own benefits, but outside this has got to be a winner. I'd like to try it with a big Germanic lager, or maybe even a Kremlin to encourage me to sip it more slowly.

Snapchat-1185620900.thumb.jpg.60196db8a54e28c60a14fcb8536bfd99.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 26/04/2022 at 5:57 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Sometimes there are bargains to be had. From Gumtree, local area, I purchased 15 of the wine glasses and 7 of the beer mugs (400ml) for $15. It was the advertised price and didn’t lower myself by asking for a cheaper price.677AC2F3-ED4C-4D52-81FC-1A88A0041859.thumb.jpeg.f144c11aed9e56c39461961d9464c50c.jpeg

Great find, looks like that dubious TV comentator is SUPER jealous of your loot!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
On 28/04/2023 at 10:53 AM, Steve Gyldenvand said:

Okay, I guess it's about time I contribute to this topic. Please keep in mind, I just pulled these all together for the photo. Some have been displayed in our "sitting room" (read that: drinking room) for a while and may not be sparkling clean.

IMG_4386.jpeg

The horn, by the way, is one of two we received as a gift. We primarily use them as decorations, but we did drink mead out of them once. It just seemed right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...