Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 23/08/2020 at 9:43 AM, Dustin Frothman said:

I have this one in my current order along with the Jolly Roger (Pirate Life 😁) Pale Ale.

Look forward to hearing how it turns out.

The Jolly Roger is my next one in, have to try all these😛😍🤪

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took 2 days 1hr for the droid to detect fermentation (suspect started a bit earlier) however I’m noting this length of time correlates with the age of the yeast. This brew’s Y1 yeast purchased late 2019 is dated 2017. No major issue but yeast dates support different EOF times for the same brew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

It took 2 days 1hr for the droid to detect fermentation (suspect started a bit earlier) however I’m noting this length of time correlates with the age of the yeast. This brew’s Y1 yeast purchased late 2019 is dated 2017. No major issue but yeast dates support different EOF times for the same brew.

Thanks for that.

I will check the dates on all my yeasts now and ensure I use them in reverse chronological order.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Thanks for that.

I will check the dates on all my yeasts now and ensure I use them in reverse chronological order.

 

That’s the go. Have put down the Jolly Roger and done a post for it.

Edited by Barrelboy
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kegged The G-O-A-T Amber Ale today after 12 days fermentation. As mentioned yeast of 2017 took 2 days to register fermentation. BrewPint details state should be finished by 10 days. Not worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Barrelboy I put this one on today. Checked the yeast date beforehand as per your advice (all of mine are the same). 

It will be interesting to see how long fermentation takes.

Did you get much venting on this one? I've affixed an A4 plastic pocket just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A review that I’ve put in, it’s so nice and Rob, try this away from lagers 😁👍👌🤗😂

A Goat to be Had

Near on 6 weeks in the keg and just an exceptional ale. This brew is bitter sweet, great crisp finish with a strong sweet bitter aftertaste, so nice. The Galaxy hops work a treat, citrus passion fruit to the palate. Boy another BrewPrint ripper.”

762542D2-9666-43E9-9DE4-3F6DA4A621BD.thumb.jpeg.b3349e859df5ca9520d9739ac2e43b4d.jpeg3165679A-D990-4730-AB77-A35CCEABD060.thumb.jpeg.0450a08ed3a3996e7c27a0eeb6985840.jpegDD2369DD-E63B-40BD-AF95-E408B7799555.thumb.jpeg.07c4bd8f17672d2b6a2869e360b61389.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

A review that I’ve put in, it’s so nice and Rob, try this away from lagers 😁👍👌🤗😂

A Goat to be Had

Near on 6 weeks in the keg and just an exceptional ale. This brew is bitter sweet, great crisp finish with a strong sweet bitter aftertaste, so nice. The Galaxy hops work a treat, citrus passion fruit to the palate. Boy another BrewPrint ripper.”

762542D2-9666-43E9-9DE4-3F6DA4A621BD.thumb.jpeg.b3349e859df5ca9520d9739ac2e43b4d.jpeg3165679A-D990-4730-AB77-A35CCEABD060.thumb.jpeg.0450a08ed3a3996e7c27a0eeb6985840.jpegDD2369DD-E63B-40BD-AF95-E408B7799555.thumb.jpeg.07c4bd8f17672d2b6a2869e360b61389.jpeg

So do you think when I do the amber ale for my mate I should just do this one instead?

 

Then I could have a few samplers

Edited by Rob Courtney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...