7 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Be good if you could get a glass of that one in on September 19th

Sept 19th? Lost me. Arrrr Arrr... a cocky on me shoulder........

Just dawned on me , International Pirates Day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Kegged today after 11day fermentation (another 2017 yeast). Looked and smelt great. Dry hopped 20g cascade and 20g mosaic in this one, day 6.

My Narci Citrus IPA finally finished fermentation late last night.

The Jolly Roger Pale will be going in next. Can't wait for this one.

8 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Don’t forget to update to P017 firmware. Are you using the new dry hop method?

28 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Don’t forget to update to P017 firmware. Are you using the new dry hop method?

Will do.

Have done a bit of a combination on this brew as it was started on firmware P016. Dry hopping again now for 48 hours then will cold crash. Will use the new Dry Hop filter to keg.

Will use the new method with the notifications on the Jolly Roger.

• Upvote 1

Updated the Droid to P017 this afternoon. Took all of about 3 minutes to complete then added water and the ingredients for the Jolly Roger.

It will be good to see how this BrewPrint works with the new notifications and automated processes.

• Upvote 1

Blast, just finished the keg of the “Jolly” and jolly it was. A delicious pale ale, I dry hopped with 15g each of cascade and mosaic by hop bomb using the BrewPrint dry hop recommendations of D1 & D8 rather than the suggested H1. Putting it down again very soon.

From my review 

A Citrus on Me Shoulder... 

Nearly 5 weeks kegged, I have to say another top drop. The cascade and mosaic hops work an absolute treat. (I did dry hop using a hop ball rather than the hop program/filter etc however no major differences.) Great citrus taste, lingering subtle bitterness. If you like the XPA, the Session Ale then you’ll love this. Sometimes it’s thought basically same ingredients as something else, but it’s the yeast and hops that make those changes.

E608F528-7651-4422-9BAF-8A3CEF54F920.thumb.jpeg.ec5d26a75367239fd84aba228b1b50a6.jpeg

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

It was so nice, in the droid today. Looking at top 10, but what brew do you kick out?

Sounds like it's time to move to a top 20 list instead?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 06/09/2020 at 12:00 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

Should be ready to sample soon? I’ve just kegged another batch after 11day fermentation.

8 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Should be ready to sample soon? I’ve just kegged another batch after 11day fermentation.

Yes. It's at 28 days now. Could probably tap a keg next weekend. Might depend on where I watch the Grand Final.

• Upvote 1

8DDBF73D-B5B2-4291-9518-F976198AF133.thumb.jpeg.5b6f8e022758dbf4cb05883b2468aec6.jpeg

Tapped the first keg at 34 days secondary.

This is a really nice ale. It’s not quite the flavour profile I thought it would be. I’ll be interested to see what the second keg tastes like at closer to 8 weeks.

A refreshing warm weather beer. The wife and I are enjoying it on our on balcony watching the storms roll through Brisbane on my last weekend here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Tapped the first keg at 34 days secondary.

This is a really nice ale. It’s not quite the flavour profile I thought it would be. I’ll be interested to see what the second keg tastes like at closer to 8 weeks.

A refreshing warm weather beer. The wife and I are enjoying it on our on balcony watching the storms roll through Brisbane on my last weekend here.

Looks very nice.

This was my first brew and was kegged yesterday.  Looking forward to trying it in a few weeks.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

IMG_2463.thumb.jpg.b00379014bd04e64cf69044b4d37ff48.jpg

When the beer pours this nicely even packing moving boxes is somewhat enjoyable. 🤪

“.........even packing moving boxes is somewhat enjoyable” if you think that then you haven’t had enough of that nice looking Jolly Roger.😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

“.........even packing moving boxes is somewhat enjoyable” if you think that then you haven’t had enough of that nice looking Jolly Roger.😂

I'm trying to work out if I should keg the XPA that is finishing tonight or wait until the morning.

I may have to wait. I think there's one more pint left in the keg and then it'll almost be time for a nap. 😴

BEDB7719-9A25-4224-AE3B-C1F548FEE88E.thumb.jpeg.2300e3f3981d2b2e3afd49b3f51aaae1.jpeg

Drinking really nicely now at 8 weeks. I think this could be the sweet spot for this ale. Very refreshing on a hot Adelaide evening.

I’ve got the ingredients for another go at this recipe and might up the hops a little (1.5 x the standard recipe) for some extra kick.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Upvote 1