Pursya

Belgian Lager

7 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

In the keg after 12 day fermention, replaced with good old Birra Italiano.

In flo after long week, looking forward to tomorrow. 10 weeks secondary, make a couple of pizzas, drink 3 pints without it touching the sides, hopefully not to much of a hangover so I'm not the only person not there on my street for the Anzac Parade for the diggers on our street, seeing they can't have a proper march.

If i was to be critical, it would be that I only put 15gms dry hopped this one.

That is about it though, for years I drank lagers that I paid good money for and this is half the price...and more enjoyable

• Upvote 1

Just snuck a Grolsch bottle full of this at 4 weeks. The more I drink these beers, dry hopped between 4-6 weeks, the more i think that is a lagers time. Just very, very good drinking

• Upvote 1

So, I have alternated between this and my brew...and lets just say, if this was a Friday night, with no distractions (like work), this would get messy and now that everything is getting opened up again, there would be a fair chance of a cafe burger to sort the belly and head out the next day.

I mean, there is no comparison between the beer I drank for years, happily, that people mocked me as elitist for, and these two. If they were 7 bucks a pint, I'd be OK with it. As I am a lager/pilsner drinker, there are 5-6 I could easily put in rotation and be happy, guessing the same for Pale Ales/ales?

3 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

So, I have alternated between this and my brew...and lets just say, if this was a Friday night, with no distractions (like work), this would get messy and now that everything is getting opened up again, there would be a fair chance of a cafe burger to sort the belly and head out the next day.

I mean, there is no comparison between the beer I drank for years, happily, that people mocked me as elitist for, and these two. If they were 7 bucks a pint, I'd be OK with it. As I am a lager/pilsner drinker, there are 5-6 I could easily put in rotation and be happy, guessing the same for Pale Ales/ales?

Before the droid I couldn’t homebrew Lager or Pilsner due to not being able to control the lower fermentation temperatures with and consistent accuracy, ales however at 18C we’re a different story and theses I used to drink commercially. Being generally an ale drinker and now being able to brew the lagers and Pilsner I have the best of both worlds and have opened up a whole new brewing experience. 

• Upvote 1

Such a good brew, nearly five weeks in and it just stands out against the other beer ( wheat beer, which I really like tbh). Our holiday this winter will now be at K.I. as we can't travel anywhere, will take a dozen longies half Birra, Half Belgian over there to help me deal with my children

• Haha 1

So have just put my KI trip Belgian on so it'll be at 5-6 weeks when I drink it. Surprisingly, the correct ingredients have gone in this time

15 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

So have just put my KI trip Belgian on so it'll be at 5-6 weeks when I drink it. Surprisingly, the correct ingredients have gone in this time

Lol, your improving🍺

11 weeks in and it is still a very, very nice lager. I have found some of the lagers drink better early at 4-6 weeks, some at 8-9 weeks but this...every week it is still an absolute cracker. Really should have taken a picture, sure the phone is around but 100% can't be arsed 

On 10/07/2020 at 7:19 PM, Rob Courtney said:

This is the second pint...first one went down as quickly as they did when I worked summers in Alice Springs :)

I spent a couple of summers working in Alice too.

I know that problem.

On 25/05/2020 at 9:26 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Just snuck a Grolsch bottle full of this at 4 weeks. The more I drink these beers, dry hopped between 4-6 weeks, the more i think that is a lagers time. Just very, very good drinking

so this same one at 13 weeks ( last bottle) still drinks very well with strong flavours

So, finished the Weisbeer and onto the Belgium and it tastes great.Stella glass rocks

Think Stella glasses should be tax deductable

Edited by Rob Courtney

2 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

So, finished the Weisbeer and onto the Belgium and it tastes great.Stella glass rocks

Think Stella glasses should be tax deductable

I’m with you there. Honestly just didn’t know a glass could add just a bit more to some brews. Time to put another Belgian in the droid

Just now, Barrelboy said:

I’m with you there. Honestly just didn’t know a glass could add just a bit more to some brews. Time to put another Belgian in the droid

I'm a little sh!tty that I didn't have the sense to buy the other glasses like you did :)