Belgian Lager

Pursya

On 11/04/2022 at 11:20 PM, iMagoo said:

Put a Belgian Lager down after kegging my German Weissbier, going to have to get some Stella glasses! 

Absolutely.

Belgian and Stella glass is like a partnership...

Like Abott and Costello

Like Hoges and Strop

Like The Greens party and unrealistic ideas for policies

They just go together

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

See you have the top off :)

What do you think of Belgian Lager? It was one of the first beers I brewed with Brewart that made me think "not going to Dans anymore"

Always love going topless...

I love a nice lager, and this one is very nice indeed. Needs a couple more weeks to hit its peak though, I think. I also got a Monch and a Bohemian for comparison in the order I just got, which I'm going to dry hop instead of using the essence.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gillies Brewing said:

Always love going topless...

I love a nice lager, and this one is very nice indeed. Needs a couple more weeks to hit its peak though, I think. I also got a Monch and a Bohemian for comparison in the order I just got, which I'm going to dry hop instead of using the essence.

Yeah, both good lagers, interesting to see which one you like most out of the three

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi BrewArt Community,

I have my first brew in the beerdroid and it’s 13 days and hasn’t moved into Kegging mode. 

I am concerned it’s to long, I am travelling this week so it will have to be left in storage mode.

questions 

does it normally take this long in brewing stage (I know 20 days is max) 

does it move to kegging phase automatically?

Do I add the hops before kegging ? 

D9781EBE-A9D3-41B3-87D2-9177AF6FC813.png

Welcome to the forum @Jay Parkinson

I can see from your screen shot the Droid has started temperature ramping, this usually means that the fermentation is nearing completion.

When fermentation completes it will automatically transition to Kegging. Don't worry if you are travelling, if you do nothing after two days in Kegging, it will auto transition to Storage, alternatively, via the app you can switch from Kegging to Storage, and them back to Kegging when you are heading back home.

The Belgian Lager BrewPrint uses liquid hops, add these directly to the kegs if you are kegging, or if you are bottling add them into the Droid a few hours before you bottle.

All seems ok, however, it would not hurt to drop an query to BrewArt support as the fermentation is on the longer side of normal, they can deep dive into the data the Droid logs and perhaps pick up something that may help next time.

Cheers

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, xpsTech said:

Welcome to the forum @Jay Parkinson

I can see from your screen shot the Droid has started temperature ramping, this usually means that the fermentation is nearing completion.

When fermentation completes it will automatically transition to Kegging. Don't worry if you are travelling, if you do nothing after two days in Kegging, it will auto transition to Storage, alternatively, via the app you can switch from Kegging to Storage, and them back to Kegging when you are heading back home.

The Belgian Lager BrewPrint uses liquid hops, add these directly to the kegs if you are kegging, or if you are bottling add them into the Droid a few hours before you bottle.

All seems ok, however, it would not hurt to drop an query to BrewArt support as the fermentation is on the longer side of normal, they can deep dive into the data the Droid logs and perhaps pick up something that may help next time.

Cheers

Thanks mate! Very excited to keg my first brew so I can get my next one in! 

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have left the brew in the beerdroid another week and it’s still hasn’t switched to kegging phase. Should I just keg it today or wait till tomorrow being 20 days so it will then automatically switch ?

BrewArt emailed me saying they checked the logs and it will move into kegging phase during the week and it hasn’t? 

could the beer have failed ?

jay 

4 minutes ago, Jay Parkinson said:

Hi Guys,

I have left the brew in the beerdroid another week and it’s still hasn’t switched to kegging phase. Should I just keg it today or wait till tomorrow being 20 days so it will then automatically switch ?

BrewArt emailed me saying they checked the logs and it will move into kegging phase during the week and it hasn’t? 

could the beer have failed ?

jay 

If there are no bubbles via the viewing window I definitely look at kegging. When you remove the lid look for any bubbling, if not keg, if not sure post photo.

3 hours ago, Jay Parkinson said:

Hi Captain, I got it kegged yesterday without any problems. The plastic sleeve on both keg linings slipped off when the keg was filling. I did another brew this morning so hopefully I get better each time. Cheers and hopefully my first drop turns out ok 

Each one will get better and you will find a rythym to it, both brewing and kegging

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jay Parkinson said:

Hi Captain, I got it kegged yesterday without any problems. The plastic sleeve on both keg linings slipped off when the keg was filling. I did another brew this morning so hopefully I get better each time. Cheers and hopefully my first drop turns out ok 

It will get better. The plastic sleeve is meant to slip off as the bag fills so all is good.