Sign in to follow this  
Deeks

Number of Kegs

Number of Kegs  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many kegs do you currently have?

• 14 or more
  2. 2. How many kegs do you think is enough?

• 14 or more

Just thought it would be good to see how many kegs everyone has and how many kegs you think is enough.

I currently have 8 kegs which I don't think is enough so would want to get another 4 kegs to have a total of 12 kegs which I think would be the ideal amount.

Edited by Deeks
Fixed typo coz too much beer
  • Upvote 3

I currently have 6 Kegs, and about 80 stubbies, but that's not going to be enough, I am doing 1 keg and about 15-16 stubbies per Brew, I find the stubbies while a slight additional pain to fill and manage, it means I can have some always in the fridge for a single drink as I get a single glass per pour without any sediment, but find the kegs great for weekend when having a few people around, but where I have found a brew I like I will do extra kegs. Plan is up to 20 Kegs, lucky I go a lot of storage LOL

• Upvote 2

Good initiative Deek's, I started of thinking that 4 would be enough, but I have pretty quickly gone to 8 and now 12 in the last few weeks.  I guess it has a lot to do with ones consumption requirements and having sufficient conditioned and varied stock to cater peak periods, such as family and friends visits.  I also have about 8 doz long necks from before BrewArt as a back up. However, a big part of the BrewArt attraction was to have beer on tap.  So at this stage I'm going with 12 but this might change!!

• Upvote 2

4 kegs is working well for me, particularly since I go off on tangents that dont involve brewprints AND I do one keg and the remainder bottles when I do want to keg a print.

When working with ciders or canned ingredients I dont yet have the knowledge or confidence to chance a brew to the keg, as if it goes wrong, I lose too much productivity for my liking. So it is all bottles for those ones, for the moment. 

• Upvote 2

I guess most of us haven't got as many kegs since we are just starting out and haven't built us enough stock to require having more kegs.

At the moment I tend to drink the kegs as fast as I brew them so don't have any spares although if I had more kegs I would drink them slower and try to build up some more stock with would also allow my kegs to condition for a bit longer too.

I am just waiting for the BrewArt store to have another discount on kegs so then I can order a few more sets.

For me to have shock ready and enjoy a beer when I'd like, I would idealy like about 20 kegs and 24 tallies. That way i would have to worry about waiting for it to prime, and another droid. 

• Upvote 1