Golden Days of Summer Ale

Put this in the Droid 3/9/19 and kegged seven days later. As per Brewprint review - 

“Lovely pure white head. Nice and crisp with a citrusy background to the taste.

Finishing with a bitterness that’s held up by the sweetness of malt.
Another for the repeat queue - (are two droids enough?🤔)”

Don’t wait for summer.
34838AB1-0A55-49E7-9F01-022C0EF18E42.thumb.jpeg.21b0e81e41599fc0569a046d04c50321.jpeg

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

My ingredients for Golden Days of Summer Ale brewprint should hopefully be arriving today (got the SMS to say expect a delivery from Coopers Online Store today - always a great message to receive! 😇 ).  The spreadsheet that's been floating around recommends an amarillo dry hop of 50g's (!!!) and appears to be in addition to the 2x H6's that form part of the recipe... 

It's pushed it's way up my queue as I have 100g's of amarillo hops just sitting in my fridge doing nothing... keen to crack em open and start experimenting!

35 minutes ago, Darran Haynes said:

My ingredients for Golden Days of Summer Ale brewprint should hopefully be arriving today (got the SMS to say expect a delivery from Coopers Online Store today - always a great message to receive! 😇 ).  The spreadsheet that's been floating around recommends an amarillo dry hop of 50g's (!!!) and appears to be in addition to the 2x H6's that form part of the recipe... 

It's pushed it's way up my queue as I have 100g's of amarillo hops just sitting in my fridge doing nothing... keen to crack em open and start experimenting!

I’d say the the Amarillo is in lieu of the the H6 as both would be over the top for 10l imo. Personally for a first time a I’d brew to the recipe. If I were to add Amarillo then 20g would be enough with the H6.

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Thanks 1

On 24/12/2019 at 10:50 AM, Darran Haynes said:

How did this end up Darran?

10 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Bottled my Russian Imperial Stout last night and decided to continue my roll and started the Big Brown Imperial Ale instead. New plan is to do this one then the Coopers Old Special Stout and then do my best to mature them to June 2020. After those, next 'drinking' brew will be GDSA 😎

Edited by Darran Haynes
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Darran Haynes said:

Bottled my Russian Imperial Stout last night and decided to continue my roll and started the Big Brown Imperial Ale instead. New plan is to do this one then the Coopers Old Special Stout and then do my best to mature them to June 2020. After those, next 'drinking' brew will be GDSA 😎

Nice one , my RIS is at 2 weeks now . So tempted to drink one haha. But I am.same as you i think its going to better with a longer conditioning. Would not mind brewing this either, sounds like a tasty brew. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2020 at 7:21 AM, Barrelboy said:

Currently on day 5 in the droid and just dry hopped the 50g Amarillo. Knew I'd get there eventually lol.

Ended up slowing down on my beer drinking (forayed into Single Malt Whisky's for a bit, I hate to mix and match so whatever I drink first for the evening I'll end up sticking with) and subsequently ran out of brew bottles. Last brew was English Pub Draught bottled 24/2 then gave the droid a big clean and a 6 week break. 

Have started enjoying a daily brew or 2 again as of late and have freed up enough bottles for a new batch.  Sanitised ol' droidy last week and got cracking on the GDAS. Great to have it humming again in the kitchen and using the light to check on the brew 😇

• Thanks 1

Nice one mate , yeah sometimes good to have a little break . My stockpile started growing larger then a drink it in a timeframe amount so i gave mine a pause for a fortnight. And i am the same as you partial to a whisky or two , i usually save mine for night caps though , so a few beers early never hurts ;-). Id be broke if I just drank my whisky 🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

The droid is back to work now haha . Just had to get through a few bottles to dwindle down the stock. Cant make it look like I have "too" many beers haha.  Plus after this Porter I am still waiting on my delivery haha 

My delivery turned up today, so yours must be getting closer

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

This is a top drop. Easy drinking and just the one on a stinking hot day. Will await your review.

Cheers

Just the aroma from the wort was so wonderful... can’t wait to drink this one... I will keep you updated!! Cheers!!🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, just wondering how you guys went with the hops on this one.

The new dry hopped version of the brewprint has 25g of Amarillo, but I can see others here using 50g before this version was released....  What's been everyone's experience here?
Was also thinking of throwing in some Citra for good measure, maybe a 30/20 split.

Edited by Dial-IN