The Multi-Droid Club

3 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

It certainly does but can't detect it when drunk from the tap or in my brews.

The recommendation is to remove it fir home brew and can be done by simply boiling the water, cooling and using. If you google “should chlorine be removed for home brew beer” there are many results. One being-

“If your water is treated with chlorine however, you may need to take steps to strip it out, as chlorine can cause medicinal off-flavours in beer. Chlorine alone is not too big an issue, as it will generally dissipate during the boil.”

Hiwever it is a choice matter.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

The recommendation is to remove it fir home brew and can be done by simply boiling the water, cooling and using. If you google “should chlorine be removed for home brew beer” there are many results. One being-

“If your water is treated with chlorine however, you may need to take steps to strip it out, as chlorine can cause medicinal off-flavours in beer. Chlorine alone is not too big an issue, as it will generally dissipate during the boil.”

Hiwever it is a choice matter.

I think the key words are "you may need" rather than must. I have not sensed any medicinal off flavours in any of my Brewprints but maybe my taste buds have deteriorated like most of my other body functions🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I think the key words are "you may need" rather than must. I have not sensed any medicinal off flavours in any of my Brewprints but maybe my taste buds have deteriorated like most of my other body functions🤣

As said, it’s a matter of choice, the difference here in Adelaide is noticeable and possibly due to the fact more chlorine is added than Victoria due to general water quality issues. I mean why use our 3 billion plus deal plant if you can still use cheaper crap water at desal prices.🤭

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Does filtered water really make that much of a difference?

I think it does. I wouldn’t drink the water straight out of the tap unless desperate.

In Brisbane there were floaties in the water so filtering removed those plus the chlorine.

In Adelaide chlorine is the issue. Some suburbs are worse than others depending on which reservoir feeds them. We’ve had a lot of rain so far this year and there’s been noticeably more chlorine added. I assume this is to counter increased nutrients from runoff.

A separate or in-line filtered drinking water tap in an Adelaide home is a fairly standard thing. 

When living in Melbourne I always drank straight out of the tap. Short of Tasmania it’d have to be the best quality mains water in the country. And you’re not far from the source either.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I’m going to ask the question, @BrewArt Team- Liam, at work how many Droids are you running? If there is an additional BrewArt recipe development area, how many Droids?

G 'Day @Captain 3 Droids ,

When beer festivals were in full flight i was running 11 BeerDroids at once to keep up with demand. 
But currently I'm only running 4 BeerDroids in our lab. This is usually for testing recipes,  firmware and App updates. 

Cheers

3 minutes ago, BrewArt Team said:

When beer festivals were in full flight i was running 11 BeerDroids at once to keep up with demand. 
But currently I'm only running 4 BeerDroids in our lab. This is usually for testing recipes,  firmware and App updates. 

Cheers

Careful, you'll give him ideas ...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BrewArt Team said:

Cheers

Thanks, appreciated. Love the 11 Droids, brilliant.

• Haha 1