First brew done!

Benoz

18 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

No disrespect to you but someone older drinking and brewing on this forum gives me such hope. I hit 70 in December and hope to maintain 3 Droids for a while. Pickling your liver has advantages, pickled things last for a very long time. Ha 

Thanks, Captain 3 Droids. 

Moderation and variety allow maximum pleasure.  My aim is to try as many recipes as I can.  So far, I am quite healthy and as robust as can be expected.  I avoid lifting full droids by using a rolling cart to port the droid between the kitchen and my (waterless) brewing room.  I have also remodeled my kitchen sink for full access to wort chillers and  high pressure bottle washers.

Life is good.😊

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Thagomizer said:

Thanks, Captain 3 Droids. 

Moderation and variety allow maximum pleasure.  My aim is to try as many recipes as I can.  So far, I am quite healthy and as robust as can be expected.  I avoid lifting full droids by using a rolling cart to port the droid between the kitchen and my (waterless) brewing room.  I have also remodeled my kitchen sink for full access to wort chillers and  high pressure bottle washers.

Life is good.😊

Life is good, I say thanks every morning cause I woke up😀.
if this helps (I also have a waterless beer room) I bought 2 of these. The demineralised water is great for the starsan or stellar san sanitised. After emptying it’s perfect for getting the 10l of filtered water from the kitchen and filling the Droid. No need to move it then.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/9488/superior-water-demineralised

They are about $3.50 each.

8 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Life is good, I say thanks every morning cause I woke up😀.
if this helps (I also have a waterless beer room) I bought 2 of these. The demineralised water is great for the starsan or stellar san sanitised. After emptying it’s perfect for getting the 10l of filtered water from the kitchen and filling the Droid. No need to move it then.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/9488/superior-water-demineralised

They are about $3.50 each.

Great Idea instead of lugging and lifting 10lt of water into the Droid. I bought two of these today. 

Screenshot (106).png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Benoz said:

Two brews in kegs so far (Highland IPA, mountain range IPA) and no split liners so far. Two more brews in droids - a peanut butter Kremlin Imperial Russian Stout and a G.O.A.T. Gotta love beerdroids!

The Highland and G.O.A.T are really top brews, you’ll enjoy. Haven’t brewed the other two a# have plenty of bottled stouts.

Ok. Kegged the stout last night, woke up this morning thinking I'd forgotten to put a spear in one keg. Checked and yep spear still in sanitiser.

Cracked a keg hoping it was the correct one and luckily it was. Put spear in, didn't seem to release much gas so hopefully all good. It was only about 7 hours into secondary

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Benoz said:

Ok. Kegged the stout last night, woke up this morning thinking I'd forgotten to put a spear in one keg. Checked and yep spear still in sanitiser.

Cracked a keg hoping it was the correct one and luckily it was. Put spear in, didn't seem to release much gas so hopefully all good. It was only about 7 hours into secondary

Should be ok, 7 hours not very long in the 2 week priming period. Good that you realised early.

41 minutes ago, Benoz said:

Nice work! 

We're all bound to miss something in the brewing process every now and then.