Brewing Mr. Beer Pennsylvania Traditional Lager

Gentleman

I've been quiet for several days on here, I gathered all my ingredients together to Brew the Pennsylvania Traditional Lager and realized that I had Mr. Beer American style Ale instead of the American style LAGER extract.. so I called Zach at Mr Beer/Coopers/Brewart Customer service and He sent it out with Incredible Speed and while I was at it also had Him send me some Saflager w-34/70 Lager Yeast ... Just fired it all up 24 Hours ago and set the BeerDroid on Lager and were off and Running ..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I kegged the Pennsylvania Traditional Lager this morning it brewed for just over 10 days before eof,then into store mode for 24 hours  with this batch I used tap water that I’d stored for a week in the beer fridge an added a pack of Mr. Beer booster , also replaced the ale Yeast with Saflager W-34/70 dry Lager Yeast and topped it off to a full 10 liters. I ran a tube directly from the tap into a ball lock connector attached to the 3 gallon Corny Keg liquid side and had purged the oxygen from the keg with C02 .. the transfer went VERY fast, less then 5 minutes.. it’s now in the Fridge hooked to C02 for force carbonation.. getting ready for an extended vacation so I’ll leave it alone for the next 6 weeks … it did smell good when I opened the BeerDroid for cleaning.. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

We just returned for Our extended trip to Sunny Florida, so the Pennsylvania Traditional Lager that I brewed has had well over a Month to sit in the Keg In My fridge.. Last night i Drew the first glass and it was Excellent !! I would have to say this is the best batch I've brewed since starting this hobby.. I will definitely stay with this general combination of water and brewing steps in the future ,, Going with the Proper Yeast for the Type beer Im Brewing and using the presets in the BeerDroid (LOVE That Machine) honestly considering buying another just to have on hand in the Box in case Mine breaks  ...

Anyway Im not all that Technical on Beer but the Flavor is Excellent its Clear (Might Not look it but I Keep My Beer glasses in the Freezer) and in this case i was trying to replicate Yeungling Beer which we cant buy in Illinois, and I must agree with some that have reviewed this Mr. Beer Recipe that it actually tastes Better..so heres for thumbs up to this one!!

IMG_3296.jpg

22 minutes ago, Patrick Barnwell said:

Hello all!

We just returned for Our extended trip to Sunny Florida, so the Pennsylvania Traditional Lager that I brewed has had well over a Month to sit in the Keg In My fridge.. Last night i Drew the first glass and it was Excellent !! I would have to say this is the best batch I've brewed since starting this hobby.. I will definitely stay with this general combination of water and brewing steps in the future ,, Going with the Proper Yeast for the Type beer Im Brewing and using the presets in the BeerDroid (LOVE That Machine) honestly considering buying another just to have on hand in the Box in case Mine breaks  ...

Anyway Im not all that Technical on Beer but the Flavor is Excellent its Clear (Might Not look it but I Keep My Beer glasses in the Freezer) and in this case i was trying to replicate Yeungling Beer which we cant buy in Illinois, and I must agree with some that have reviewed this Mr. Beer Recipe that it actually tastes Better..so heres for thumbs up to this one!!

IMG_3296.jpg

Nice and clear and looking very drinkable. 
Get that extra Droid but don’t leave in the box, use to expand your recipe selections. When you find something you really like (as you have here) you can build up stock in one Droid and brew others to your liking in the other.

• Like 1