Transferring from Droid to Stainless kegs

37 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Yes we've certainly all been there!

The cheap plastic basin is good insurance.

I gave the confused reply as I wanted to both laugh and cry.

It's so frustrating when it happens, and it happened to me not once but twice this morning/early afternoon, wasting so much beer and the mess to clean up before the wife gets home is the worst thing.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

I gave the confused reply as I wanted to both laugh and cry.

It's so frustrating when it happens, and it happened to me not once but twice this morning/early afternoon, wasting so much beer and the mess to clean up before the wife gets home is the worst thing.

If it makes you feel any better I've had a couple of experiences with the Brewflo and highly carbonated beer spraying all over the room.

I find that it helps in the moment to laugh on the inside whilst playing the Benny Hill theme song in your head as you're putting out the fire!

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

Filter connector and it comes out better than a 18 year's stream after 6 pints.

Love it.

Now from what you have said it all works fine coming out of the keg, your problem is the going into the keg via the outlet ie beer post. I still think that the post is not opening up enough for the “in”. Note that the beer, sanitiser or whatever going out is helped with pressure from the gas going into the keg to achieve this.

The Beer from the Droid is only via gravity, no pressure assisting. I think you need to check the disconnect and undo the post.

We will all solve this.

• Upvote 2

@Wazza_wantsbeera simple way to check the disconnect is if you haven’t put a new brew in the Droid yet and have water etc in it to clean attach the Ikegger hose as you do normally and with the disconnect down low, push the spear in with something (I use used Co2 bulbs) and confirm there is flow. If so then it must be the post as I’ve mentioned above.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

@Wazza_wantsbeera simple way to check the disconnect is if you haven’t put a new brew in the Droid yet and have water etc in it to clean attach the Ikegger hose as you do normally and with the disconnect down low, push the spear in with something (I use used Co2 bulbs) and confirm there is flow. If so then it must be the post as I’ve mentioned above.

That sounds a good plan. I will do exactly that and let you know how it goes.

Nothing in the Droid as I'm waiting on delivery from BrewArt of the ingredients for the next two brews, the NZ DDH Hazy IPA and another DDH Hazy IIPA for myself.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Just wondering who here wears safety glasses whenever handling bottles of gas, kegs and valves?

I hadn't been until recently when I saw the results of a near miss that someone had with a pressure fermenter.

If you don't then I'd recommend that you do. Cheap insurance.

Interesting, I don’t but with those pressure fermenters I think I would particularly if not using a spunding valve. I not sure about the kegs, gas bottle etc, however won’t hurt to wear them. One thing, always do when moving glass beer bottles.

• Upvote 2

No but I wear safety thongs.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Just wondering who here wears safety glasses whenever handling bottles of gas, kegs and valves?

I hadn't been until recently when I saw the results of a near miss that someone had with a pressure fermenter.

If you don't then I'd recommend that you do. Cheap insurance.

• Haha 3